My designer washing up bowl is ruined! (sort of lighthearted)

(172 Posts)
HorsePetal Fri 15-Nov-13 10:54:57

Ok so I'm aware that this is hardly important in the grand scheme of things but last Saturday I went out for lunch/shopping with an old school friend.

We were in the Cotswolds and I clearly thought I was a lot posher than I actually am because I decided to spend just shy of £60 on a Normann Copenhagen Washing Up Bowl (I know!)

So I have been admiring it all week and will admit that washing up has been a bit more pleasurable hmm until last night when I decided to soak a baking dish in it overnight (baked on pasta sauce).

This morning is it RUINED with a big bloody orange tide mark all around the rim which won't budge.

Should I take it back? I'm going to look like a fool aren't I? They are going to know that I am not really worthy of a posh washing up bowl (do posh people even eat Spaghetti Bolognese?).

Do you think they will refund (as not fit for posh purpose or something?)

Why did you need an empty house to put it in the dishwasher?

HorsePetal Tue 19-Nov-13 22:24:43

Because putting your washing up bowl into a dishwasher is flipping nuts!

enriquetheringbearinglizard Tue 19-Nov-13 22:29:20

To be honest we're all laughing, but I can sympathize too. If they've advised a solution that didn't work, contact them again, say so and ask for a replacement. Be tenacious.

From this thread I am loving 'wizard's dust' and 'tenacious soaker' and I am so going to use both of those phrases during tomorrow's working day. Can't pretend it'll be easy grin but it'll be sooo worth it (to )me.

Am tempted to have an honorary name change actually.

valiumredhead Wed 20-Nov-13 10:07:01

Keep complaining,I bet they cost £3 to make and they are raking it in in profit! If it stains it's not fit for purpose.

KatoPotato Wed 20-Nov-13 11:48:48

I came on to this thread with a washing up bowl budget of £60.

That's now in jeopardy, I think normannnnnn had best get you a replacement...

Abbrracadabra Mon 13-Jan-14 22:35:38

Oh my goodness, I was thinking of buying one of these. Did you ever get the stain removed or did you get it replaced.

I will get a black one

MrDarty Fri 05-Sep-14 17:13:15

Test

HappyAgainOneDay Fri 05-Sep-14 17:21:12

What have you brought this thread up for, MrDarty?

daisychain01 Fri 05-Sep-14 18:26:06

<<sticks hand up>> - please Miss, may I have a stealth boast, and also recommend the most lovely washing up bowl by Joseph Joseph - they have a plug in the bottom so you don't have to lift up the bowl to empty it.

Gorgeous Joseph Joseph bowl

And they come in green, pink, black slate-grey or red.

And you can get other matching items. I love mine so much I want to take it to bed with me.

Thirty quid and its your's <gavel>

olgaga Fri 05-Sep-14 18:33:15

I find ceramic hob cleaner works when everything else fails!

Momagain1 Fri 05-Sep-14 18:50:55

Buy some dishwasher detergent, the liquid kind, and sponge it on (wear gloves) then add hot water and soak, then rinse.

FrancesNiadova Fri 05-Sep-14 18:57:37

Ha ha, I remember this one. £60 on a washing up bowl, that's a good pair of school shoes, that is!
I think it must be the North/South divide! wink

WarblingOyster Fri 05-Sep-14 19:46:48

I got excited then thinking someone else had ruined an expensive bowl! Oh the disappointment.

Lifesalemon Fri 05-Sep-14 19:50:26

Thanks daisy Who would have thought I would ever have a reason to use the words gorgeous and washing up bowl all in the same sentence. I want one! envy

Osmiornica Fri 05-Sep-14 20:32:38

Surely that Joseph one is just a sink confused. Why would you want a sink inside a sink? Does that sink then need another sink?

SanityClause Fri 05-Sep-14 20:37:03

Yes, the Joseph Joseph one simply highlights the ridiculousness of using a blimmin' washing up bowl in the first place.

Just do the washing up in the sink?

Doobledootch Fri 05-Sep-14 21:00:51

I didn't realise this was an old thread, hilarious though and a good lesson on why it's not a bad thing if you can't afford or justify paying for pretty house accessories grin

Hope the OP comes back with an update.

EduCated Fri 05-Sep-14 21:14:31

Damnit, I hadn't noticed it was an old thread! I neeeeeeed an update grin

CustardOmlet Fri 05-Sep-14 21:30:22

Laughing all over again, good memories!

daisychain01 Fri 05-Sep-14 22:26:45

Honestly folks it is a mini sink to die for, I have the green one in the kitchen and the grey-black one in the utility. If you want to drain the veg but you have some new soapy water in the bowl, you can lift it out, drain veg, and not have to waste the soapy water. We're on a water meter so it saves wasting water.

I know the plug seems gimmicky but its great not having to empty the bowl which is very heavy when full. Also with the normal bowl, all the grot goes down the sink. With the J-J You just turn the plug 90 degrees and it empties the water but keeps the grot in the plug like a strainer then you empty it in the bin, no blocked drain.

I want a cerise pink one next <sad> With matching silicone glasses mat and cutlery drainer <sigh> You too could be addicted to a beautiful bowl.

daisychain01 Fri 05-Sep-14 22:29:00

Lifesalemon you can get one in John Lewis, Lakeland and even Amazon
I think.

You too can be sad like me grin

Lifesalemon Sat 06-Sep-14 00:13:02

Thanks daisy your recent post has definitely sold it to me. I'm just going to have a look. We are on a meter too so it will have paid for itself in no time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now