Listening to radio 1 with kids about

(38 Posts)
bitemabum Thu 14-Nov-13 19:20:26

AIBU to expect to be able to have radio 1 on in the morning while we have breakfast without having the kids hearing things like "can't be arsed" or "crap" both of which I wouldn't want my children repeating. Am I just a total prude? I realise that being the wrong side 30 I'm too old for radio 1 but still...

Heartbrokenmum73 Thu 14-Nov-13 20:46:16

I'm a Brumbie grin

bitemabum Thu 14-Nov-13 20:52:22

Apologies again for the brumbies thing, although it's kind of cute

Willabywallaby Thu 14-Nov-13 20:59:00

I still listen to radio 1, there's a massive jump to radio 2.

stardusty5 Thu 14-Nov-13 21:00:15

Hear hear redpencils! I was a radio 1 devotee until recently and was open minded to Nick Grimshaw after moyles, but lately his show has become one LONG plug for whatever event theyre doing eg The Teen Awards. Constant phone numbers and terms and conditions. Has he run out of names to drop?!

I find Chris Evans a bit smug and annoying, but I miss the music if i spend too long on R4.

Channel hopping it is!

Heartbrokenmum73 Thu 14-Nov-13 21:01:45

No, no, I like Brumbie! Can we keep it?

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 14-Nov-13 21:05:42

4 is worse for swearing
I nearly choked on my pasta during the last series of ISIHAC (broadcast at 6.30), when a play on words centred around bits of a phrase sounding a bit like "cunt"
I utterly failed to explain away to dd1 why daddy was laughing so hard...

Joysmum Thu 14-Nov-13 21:12:56

I left when ampules did.

Now it's Absolute Radio if I've got a digital radio and either radio 2 or Jack FM if I don't

RedPencils Thu 14-Nov-13 21:19:18

Back at ya Stardusty! He talked about nothing but how fantastic a time he had at Glastonbury for weeks. On and on. STFU!
And He's beyond shit at interviewing. He'll ask a question and then answer it by talking about himself.

ClayDavis Thu 14-Nov-13 21:22:15

We switch between a selection of Absolute stations and 6music at work. Have gone back to radio 1 this week for the first time in 6 months. It's quite refreshing after a long break. It's ridiculously repetitive otherwise. I think afternoons are better than mornings on there at the moment.

cbaanymore Fri 15-Nov-13 16:57:16

I agree, Scott Mills on radio 1 in the afternoon is the best, plays plenty of music and is entertaining as well. Grimmie in the morning is grim, full of himself, I hate to say it but I miss Chris Moyles even though I can't actually stand the man.

Willabywallaby Fri 15-Nov-13 17:14:52

It's Greg I like blush

FarmerSueTickle Fri 15-Nov-13 17:28:45

6 Music all the way. Plays a mix of old and new stuff. I've discovered a lot of new music through Radcliffe and Maconi that I'd never have heard if I stuck with Radio 2.

Plus, Steve Wright is a cunt.

MrsFruitcake Fri 15-Nov-13 17:35:39

Radio 1 is just awful, and Nick Grimshaw needs a kicking.

Radio 2 much better IMO. Or Absolute 80s if you're in that kind of mood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now