AIBU to think that if you have day of the doctor thats

(33 Posts)
issey6cats Thu 14-Nov-13 13:08:05

supposed to be reckoning for all the decisions the doctor has made in his many lives, that Peter Davidson, Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker AND Paul Mcgann should be in the program and not just David Tennant and Matt Smith fe3els like they have just picked the two most recent pretty boys

Piffpaffpoff Thu 14-Nov-13 13:12:08

Have you seen the night of the doctor that has just appeared in iplayer? I've watched the first 30 secs and Paul McGann is in it. Don't know why of for how long because I decided to wait and watch it with DS when he gets home from school.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 14-Nov-13 13:14:58

I did hear that lots of previous Drs had been asked and some had declined to take part.

Nessalina Thu 14-Nov-13 13:16:05

But have you seen some of the older doctors! They're proper old! And a bit fat shock And isn't Patrick Troughton dead?! Point is, the doctor doesn't age, and only Tennant and Ecclestone still look the same as they did when they were in the show. They asked Ecclestone apparently but he didn't want to to it.

LaGuardia Thu 14-Nov-13 13:17:14

OP, I think you need to get out more.

issey6cats Thu 14-Nov-13 13:25:10

lol i know but its cold out there to go out, i was just reading a post on msn about it the other day and colin baker another one of the previous doctors said that the ones who are still alive older doctors non of them had been asked, will just seem weird that (ok didnt know paul mcgann was actually in this episode) of the 12? lives the doctor is supposed to live only a couple of them will be in the program, im an old fogey and old enough to remember william hartnell the original doctor

Matt Smith is so NOT a pretty boy!

Fecklessdizzy Thu 14-Nov-13 13:34:36

Matt Smith and David Tennant are the only two I rate anyway!

Flees to the hills ...

I wish Christopher was not so snotty - twould be lovely if he had joined in the fun.

I love Christopher Eccleston

Watch The Night of the Doctor like Piffpaffpoff said.

It's AWESOME!! Although it's slightly answered one question for me, it's now replaced it with a few more!

(I won't say anything so those that want to can watch it for themselves).

steff13 Thu 14-Nov-13 13:50:57

^Matt Smith and David Tennant are the only two I rate anyway!
Flees to the hills ...^

I'll be hiding with you in those hills. ;) I love and adore David Tennant, and Matt Smith has grown on me.

Piffpaffpoff Thu 14-Nov-13 13:52:20

I've just bought tickets to go and see Day of the Doctor at our local cinema in 3d on the 23rd. They are showing it at the same time it's on the tv. David Tennant in 3d.......gringrin

Matt Smith is ver sexy - have you seen his Bowie-esque photoshoot for Empire Magazine from last year? Hmmmmm <drools>

Fecklessdizzy Thu 14-Nov-13 13:54:58

Gah! I know! I really want to go but my Whovian mate is working that night and made me swear not see it without her ... sad

PresidentServalan Thu 14-Nov-13 13:56:42

PiffPaff Noooooooo - am now sick with jealousy!

Steven Moffat is a law unto himself anyway but it seems to make sense that 10 and 11 are in it - I think the trailer mentioned that whatever it is happened in the tenth Doctor's time.

And although I have been watching since the Pertwee days, I have to admit that DT is so so shaggable!

Weller Thu 14-Nov-13 14:00:24

Got photo booked with matt smith but the kids do not want the parents in the photo so the can show their friends. Do not know what is most upsetting the kids embarrassed by us or not getting close to Matt. An autograph with Colin Baker is £15 so he will be getting a few bob.

Same here Piff.
I was checking the website everyday to see if/when my local cinema was releasing tickets!!
DM is having the Toad and I'm going to enjoy 10 and 11 in glorious 3D

and Nandos

Dawndonnaagain Thu 14-Nov-13 14:27:30

I've been watching since Hartnell, although only glanced at Davidson and Colin Baker, they were none too good. I adore Ecclestone and Tennant. Smith is more wooden than Thetford bloody forest, I only watch because the dcs do, and have been known to read and glance at the box occasionally. Clara is good and I've watched more of the recent ones. I will be watching the new one with interest.
I'm also looking forward to Peter Capaldi, it's time we had a slightly older doctor again, and I've fancied him since The Crow Road. <aged old bat emoticon>

ImAlpharius Thu 14-Nov-13 14:30:44

As Rose is in it as werll I thought/presaumed that DT was the human/Dr rather than the proper incarnation of the Doctor, if that is the case it would not make sense to have other incarnations in it.

They've got David Bradley doing a brilliant Hartnell for another program so could have used him surely

Dobbiesmum Thu 14-Nov-13 14:33:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dobbiesmum Thu 14-Nov-13 14:34:01

Shit, sorry sorry sorry, total spoiler, I'm reporting my post xx

Dobbiesmum Thu 14-Nov-13 14:35:34

I've reported my own post, hopefully HQ will delete it.
blush
I got totally carried away...

Piffpaffpoff Thu 14-Nov-13 16:48:49

I'm another who can't wait to see what Peter Capaldi does with it, I think he'll be brilliant.

I am so desperate to tell DS that we're going to see it at the cinema but then I also want to keep it as a surprise. I'm torn!!

They're repeating the Doctor Who Never Mind The Buzzcocks special with DT on BBC2 right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now