AIBU re Miranda?

(64 Posts)
CocacolaMum Wed 13-Nov-13 15:16:44

I was watching her on TV today talking about her maracattack fitness dvd. found here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miranda-Harts-Maracattack-DVD-Hart/dp/B00FXYJADG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384355442&sr=8-1&keywords=miranda+hart+fitness+dvd

Clearly she did this for a laugh (ish I am sure the money helped) but I am actually thinking that of all the dvds THIS is the one I am most likely to want to put on and join in with BECAUSE it was done as a bit of fun. AIBU to buy this dvd and lose 5stone and then be all fabulous (and probably meet Miranda who will want to be my best friend?)

grin

Snowbility Wed 13-Nov-13 23:40:26

The book is pretty awful but my 10 year olds love her and giggle while they watch...so she'll do.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 14-Nov-13 00:13:24

Not going to get the DVD but I love her. Luckily so do the people I work with, my DH and my DSs.

Uncle Bryn from G&S is based on a real person - told by a close and reliable source.

GetOrfGetStuffed Thu 14-Nov-13 00:22:29

I am 6 feet tall and a clumsy tool but I find her dismally unfunny. It is really old fashioned BBC comedy and I just don't get it. People love her though. I find her slightly more tolerable than the awfully arch Sarah Millican.

I just think Miranda is oh lawks, I just fell over.
Har
Har
Har

And then I cringe to death.

applecrumbleandcream Thu 14-Nov-13 00:41:26

She's brilliant. So funny and a fantastic writer and actress too......so nerr !! grin

love Miranda. Especially in Call The Midwife.

She makes me want to put my head down the toilet and flush it repeatedly n

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 14-Nov-13 06:28:15

she is awful. And has a show becsuse she is another Footlights alumni.(soggy chips anyone? )

BeckAndCall Thu 14-Nov-13 06:31:18

She is, what I call, hilarious.

Love her shows ( but cringe at about 20%) and I really like her as a person when she's interviewed - the kind of person you'd just want to be friends with in real life.

CuChullain Thu 14-Nov-13 09:02:22

Never found her funny, ever, but I have never been a fan of that slap-stick style of humour either. She is seen as 'safe' by BBC execs so will be rolled out again and again.

GetOrfGetStuffed Thu 14-Nov-13 11:35:44

I find it exasperating that safe, middle of the road gentle comedy like Miranda gets a prime time spot and is lauded as some kind of saviour by the bbc, yet Julia Davis who is genuinely an innovative comedian was shunted to BBC2 after years of successful comedy, and her last series for the BBC was cancelled.

UsedToBeNDP Thu 14-Nov-13 18:31:09

Julia Davies is a genius, GetOrf

UsedToBeNDP Thu 14-Nov-13 18:31:30

Sorry, Davis

phantomnamechanger Thu 14-Nov-13 18:56:19

Miranda is very funny and very clever, she comes across as natural and doing what she loves, there is nothing wrong with a bit of gentle harmless mainly clean humour. I love her looks and asides to camera inspired by the wonderful Eric Morecambe. Excellent casting of Stevie and Mum too. Such fun!

I like the person Miranda. She seems really nice. But her series was not funny. The same thing happened week in week out. DH was howling with laughter wiping away the tears while I looked at him like this hmm

Same goes for Sarah Millican. Her original stand up routine had funny bits. Her chat show is getting awkward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now