Actually, I am being really unreasonable. However I would like to ask those who have experienced Angel Feathers to....

(806 Posts)
DioneTheDiabolist Tue 12-Nov-13 22:43:03

...answer a few questions that I have.

1). What does it feel like when you see that feather?

2). What are your thoughts when this happens?

And

3). What would you say are the long term (if any) effects that you would attribute to these encounters.

I understand that this belief has been the subject of some ridicule here. I have no intention of ridiculing anyone. This thread has been inspired by a previous AIBU thread, but is not a thread about a thread. I am not a journalist. I am not seeking results to use in an academic submission or publication. What I am seeking is knowledge and understanding in the hope that I can use it to help others.

IABU for the following reasons:
I only posted in AIBU for the traffic. If MN rule that I have breached guidelines, can it be moved and not deleted.

And I ask the skeptics not to put people off answering honestly. If you think it necessary, I can start another thread for all your thoughts to be discussed. Perhaps the scientifically minded of you could look at this as an information gathering excersise.smile

Great link! smile

his own notes (published in American Medicine in March 1907) show that of the six data points, two had to be discarded as “of no value”; two recorded a weight drop, followed by additional losses later on (was the soul leaving bit by bit?); one showed a reversal of the loss, then another loss (the soul couldn't make up its mind, leaving, re-entering, then leaving for good); and only one case actually constitutes the basis of the legendary estimate of ¾ of an ounce.

MrsRBrand Sun 17-Nov-13 16:38:21

I was in the garden when my neighbour shot a dove which landed by the slide where I was with kids and dog, feathers every where. Quite disturbing.. sorry am I barking up wrong tree?

sublimelime Sun 17-Nov-13 19:12:20

Got me there folks....just shows you where attempting to show off a bit too much gets you! [ blush]

Anyway wine and here's a song for you all. Enjoy!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1JeEXP717T0

HettiePetal Sun 17-Nov-13 19:41:33

Is that just a song you like, sublime, or does it have some <narrows eyes> deeper meaning?

If we're going out, let's go out in style:

[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiVYvdKjzYA Altogether now...]

wine

HettiePetal Sun 17-Nov-13 19:41:59
sublimelime Sun 17-Nov-13 19:52:07

I like my selected song better Hettie.

Significant, who knows? Freudian slip perhaps?

More wine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now