Christmas Decs

(15 Posts)
MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:19:49

angry

I've seen this written in 3 magazines in the last fortnight. "Christmas decs"

It's making me angry. AIBU?

<steam from nostrils>

Wow

OK, don't take this the wrong way, but BREATHE! It's OK, you'll get through the anger!

Are there any particular magazines who are most likely to be the culprits? If so can you avoid them?

fans op whilst holding up a pillow as a makeshift punchbag

MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:23:25

Essentials said it. They did. sad And Prima. sad

Arseholes.

CoffeeTea103 Mon 11-Nov-13 11:24:24

Not worth getting worked up over.

MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:26:07

It is worth it. It is.

What else? Christmas dins? Christmas prezzies? (oh, they've already done that one)

Right, then you need to stop looking at those particular mags (see what I did there wink grin ) and start reading naice publications. Good Housekeeping? Horse and Hound? Amateur Gardening?

HarpyFishwifeTwat Mon 11-Nov-13 11:29:55

YANBU at all. My bugbear is Xmas. Urgh. Xmas deccies would make me grumpy.

MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:31:50

I've got a Good Housekeeping here, unopened. If I open it and see 'decs' I am going all out, Falling Down style.

Yy to Xmas. You lazy fuckers!

If the term "decs" is in GH then please let me know and I will stop purchasing!

(Although if it mentions DECs, as in belonging to the Disasters Emergency Committee, then I feel it is only right that this should be forgiven)

Harpy YANBU - Xmas even looks ugly

MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:39:11

I will report back, Foxache. <grave>

MadeOfStarDust Mon 11-Nov-13 11:42:15

Xmas is fine in my book - WHEN WRITTEN - I have a greek heritage.... it is not lazy and is often how Christ (Xpiotos - X =ch P = ro - I can't get the greek alphabet up... ) was first written in the ancient documents....

but SAYING EX-MAS is just rubbish...

MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:43:11

Do people actually write it as a nod to Greek language though or just because they are lazy feckers?

I must investigate...

MarmaladeBatkins Mon 11-Nov-13 11:43:49
MadeOfStarDust Mon 11-Nov-13 11:47:59

LOL - I think some do it through laziness, but others like me do it as a nod to the Greek...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now