... to just say ... FORTY SIX QUID FOR 3 BLOODY PIZZAS?!

(102 Posts)
fluffyraggies Mon 11-Nov-13 09:55:01

At Domino's yesterday.

Three medium pizzas, £46 they wanted! shock That's with us picking up - not delivered.

DH ordered them over the phone, got off the phone, looked at me strangely, rang them back, queried the price, and cancelled the order.

3 bits of flat dough, a smear of tomato paste and a few bits of veg served in cardboard boxes. Delicious - but ... sorry i'm going to say it again ... £46???

forevercosy Mon 11-Nov-13 15:15:19

YANBU. I knew you'd be referring to Domino's before I even opened the thread!

It's a total rip off. I know it's 'branded', but it's just a pizza ffs.

Our local kebab house ( blush ) do far better ones for around £6.99 and they're enormous with masses of toppings.

Strumpetron Mon 11-Nov-13 15:30:04

They are ridiculously overpriced, which is why I only go when I have a 50% off voucher.

Whistleblower0 Mon 11-Nov-13 16:29:56

I'm not a big fan of dominos, or of take away pizza generally. However, we got the deal recently feed four for £20 i think it was. Two medium pizzas wedges garlic bread and bottle of pepsi max.
Thought that was pretty good value as we had some leftover for lunch next day.
I would only use dominos with a voucher or on a deal though as their pizzas are stupidly oerpriced
On the subject of pizzas i am always amazed at people who pay full price in the likes of pizza express. I only go when there is a voucher, or offer or we use tesco vouchers.

Whistleblower0 Mon 11-Nov-13 16:32:20

For supermarket pizzas i like lidl. We pile on extra toppings. Also goodfellas thin base ones. I have some aldi pizzas in the freezer to try. Never had them before. Hope they're nice.

comemulledwinewithmoi Mon 11-Nov-13 16:33:57

Asda yum also if you have bread maker, dough is so cheap and easy to make, tomm purée and whatever toppings you fancy!

comemulledwinewithmoi Mon 11-Nov-13 16:34:17

I know what you mean about take away though

kali110 Mon 11-Nov-13 16:34:23

Medium???what were you ordering? I love dominoes. Always order larger, decadence and its about £15 so wondering what you ordered!

Mylovelyboy Mon 11-Nov-13 16:36:10

fluffy I think they must of made a mistake.

ShinyBauble Mon 11-Nov-13 16:37:28

DS loves Dominos. I can always find a code, usually £10 off £30. At the moment they have a 50% off £40 code for our area so it's pizza for dinner on Saturday.

But I would prefer it if they would just price the pizza's more cheaply and do away with the codes!

CinammonGirl Mon 11-Nov-13 16:39:42

Dominos is ridiculously overpriced - our asda has a fresh pizza counter and their pizzas are absolutely delicious and very cheap. The papa johns near where we live is very good and we sometimes have that as a treat if they've a deal on. We never use Dominos anymore.

decaffwithcream Mon 11-Nov-13 16:46:04

Woman in front of me was charged 42 euro in a sandwich chain for 3 coffees and 3 sandwiches in a chain coffee shop on the weekend. They were splitting an individual bag of crisps between the three of them.

She made a slight choking noise.

MillyStar Mon 11-Nov-13 18:39:19

You definitely need to get the deals!

Me and my best friend were hungover yesterday and we got a medium pizza each, garlic bread, potato wedges and bottle of pop for £25, we were picking at it all day and were stuffed before bed so £12.50 for a full day of food isn't too based!

Thenfirstnrule of dominos is never ever pay full whack!!

MillyStar Mon 11-Nov-13 18:40:28

Oh my god really can't spell tonight think I'm still pissed from Saturday

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Mon 11-Nov-13 18:44:21

Dominos pizzas are overpriced, tasteless and cardboardy (at least round here anyway). We found a wonderful takeaway that does amazing pizzas, kebabs AND fish & chips (proper chips, not those 'orrible thin ones), and has the bonus of being half the price of Dominos.

Get onto hungryhouse.co.uk and have a hunt for small local pizza places. You can read the reviews if you're unsure of their quality.

catsmother Mon 11-Nov-13 18:49:58

Bloody hell - I always imagined Dominos was "cheap" (and nasty, according to a fair few of you). Usually buy Tesco pizza - there's usually one of their finest half price or special for £2 to £3.50, or the Pizza Express range on a special. For special occasions we've sometimes been to Fire and Stone, where the pizzas are bloody gorgeous - and imaginative - with decent fresh ingredients such as proper, rather than reconstituted meat, and even those range from about £9 to £12. Most are about £10 IIRC.

BatPenguin Mon 11-Nov-13 18:52:14

Another vote here for Asda make your own - £3.50 for 14 inch deep pan and you get more toppings than dominos. I won't lie I do like a cheeky Dominos now and again but only if we've used a discount code. Otherwise £20+ for pizza that I always have to microwave first is a piss take.

Discount code all the way. I never ring up either always online. I prefer pizza hut though. Only buy if 50% off voucher. Pizza is the most expensive takeaway for us. No one likes the same pizza or base do end up with minimum of three pizzas buy large for lunch the next day.

I've not tried the asda ones but looks like they will br saturday nights dinner.

Longdistance Mon 11-Nov-13 18:56:46

Fuck that. I never buy pizza when out. All it is is a flour dough, cheese, tomato and whatever toping. It's a rip off.

I think it's bs. I buy pizzas from Lidl, so much cheaper.

Monetbyhimself Mon 11-Nov-13 18:59:31

Iceland £1.50 and I am a little bit of a food snob.

GhostsInSnow Mon 11-Nov-13 19:00:13

Our local Tesco has just opened up a Pizza counter and its quite lovely. I tend to have those when I'm fancying Pizza. The best thing about Dominoes is the garic and herb dip anyway and you can make that at home wink

ShinyBauble Mon 11-Nov-13 19:02:28

I used to love Dominos because of their mozzarella dippers - they were beautiful, especially with the garlic and herb dip. I've never tasted better! So of course they dropped them from the menu, just like they dropped the yummy gourmet pizzas.

Now they've filled up the 'sides' menu with different varieties of doughballs and chicken wings. Not nice at all.

hermioneweasley Mon 11-Nov-13 19:10:12

Since I learned to make really yummy pizza dough, I totally begrudge paying anything for pizza when I can make it for A couple of quid for all of us.

Whistleblower0 Mon 11-Nov-13 19:13:42

Has anyone eaten the pizza in costco? It is absoloutely delicious, stupidly cheap, think it's £1.50 for a massive slice
We always end up getting a slice when we're there. You can get a whole pizza to take away for under a tenner. It would feed the 5,000, never seen a pizza box so big in my life..

IsThatTrue Mon 11-Nov-13 19:17:06

Our local pizza place is about £15 for a super (biggest size) delivered, or if you collect you get 2 supers for £13.95 confused

Just in case you're wondering, we always collect!

dontyouknow Mon 11-Nov-13 19:27:21

I love Domino's - nearly as much as DD does. Don't think we've ever paid full price as there are always so many deals. We get leaflets through the door with offers on them and codes for online.

Also - OP - whenever we order the pizza box has a menu stuck to it which has a load of special offers at the bottom. Maybe keep that in the kitchen drawer for next time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now