to ask what you do if you are self employed/work at home

(289 Posts)
PocketFluff Mon 11-Nov-13 08:58:45

In a few threads recently people have talked about being self employed, some only doing a few hours a week, or being able to have a work at home job that fits around the children.

Can I be nosey and ask what it is you do and get a bit of the action myself?

I agree with Little RE price mark, £20 at most. You might get slightly more at local craft markets.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 01-Dec-13 15:30:03

temp/emergency nanny/night nanny

MistressDeeCee Mon 16-Dec-13 08:20:47

Music Tutor and in between that, Data Entry

I've got several jobs, I work 4 days in an office working for safeguarding children board, then I work for myself as an holistic therapist, I also work in direct sales (Juice Plus and Tropic Skincare) so can get out and about in the community too with party plan etc....makes for a varied and exciting lifestyle at times smile

TracyHi Wed 01-Jan-14 16:47:11

I am a mentor with Usborne books, started when the kids were at school, they're in their 20's now lol!

HOMEQCRICH Wed 01-Jan-14 16:53:55

Cleaning and property inventories for landlords

Wherediparkmybroom Wed 01-Jan-14 17:18:27

I run my own fishmongers on the beach, I take the 7mo with me and let him sit, sleep, play in his sivercross while I work, anyone who doesn't like it can buy their cod in waitrose!

biryani Wed 01-Jan-14 17:42:36

Bit of lecturing, bit of translating, bit of teaching. Also a small landlord. Work in music shop on casual basis.

BombayBunty Wed 01-Jan-14 18:01:34

Occupational health advisor. I phone people who are off work sick or struggling at work and make plans for them to return or review them until they are well enough to return.

SugarHut Wed 01-Jan-14 18:35:09

Model. Although less and less as the wrinkles appear and appear grin

AllDirections Wed 01-Jan-14 18:49:25

I'm just starting to do online moderation for an organisation that do online qualifications. I also do NVQ assessing for another organisation, mostly from home.

loveolives Wed 01-Jan-14 18:52:33

I don't work but my OH is self employed. He owns a roofing business.

Commele Wed 02-Jul-14 13:05:59

Copywriting when the work comes my way. I also work for www.redurchin.co.uk a baby and kids clothing company. They are looking for more people who want to earn commission/free clothing by holding parties.

Binkyresurrected Wed 02-Jul-14 13:16:13

I own a Birds of Prey Display team. I visit fairs and fetes, youth groups, basically anywhere that wants something different. I also take my team to parties, it makes a nice change from soft play for the kids and adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now