To be utterly pissed off with HoneyDragon, Sparklingbrook, usual

(354 Posts)
Maryz Sun 10-Nov-13 23:06:57

And RowanMumsnet.

Well, am I?

I once managed to go to a swingers club by accident in Paris. Not shared that tidbit with anyone other than MN so technically PDog I I'm complying.

Twas, er, eye-opening.

Tee2072 Wed 13-Nov-13 07:48:07

I'm beginning to think your mother just doesn't want you to have any fun.

wink

HoneyDragon Wed 13-Nov-13 00:04:26

I'm starting to think my mum has a point shock

RandallFloyd Wed 13-Nov-13 00:02:32

I'm already on my own mum's shit list, what's one more!

I once spend a rather exciting afternoon being driven around the 14th arrondissement by the flics searching for a man who had walked up to his gf and punched her in the face then walked off (in front of her little daughter).

These were not friends, btw, just a new acquaintance I was walking down the road with.

The flics told me all about their exchange visits to England, mostly centred around Bournmouth as I far as I could work out. They were all plains clothed cops and we bombed around for a good hour.

Then spent three hours at the hospital looking after her little girl before taking her back to her appartment, where the bastard was sleeping his hangover off on the sofa.

I'm afraid I backed off at that.

Maryz Tue 12-Nov-13 23:56:45

dh almost got arrested in Paris once.

At least, he went there for a match. On the plane on the way over they were told it was cancelled and given the option to come straight back, which the sensible ones some of them did.

A few of them stayed on, one of whom thought it would be absolutely hilarious to piss up against the wall of a police station, which is what he used to do at home every Saturday night. Unfortunately the French gendarmes don't have the same type of tolerance as the Irish gardai, and there was a bit of a chase.

He thinks this is an appropriate story to tell to the kids hmm

Grennie Tue 12-Nov-13 23:40:37

That was a crazy weekend

HoneyDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 23:39:47

My mum'll put you on her shit list if you go Randall

RandallFloyd Tue 12-Nov-13 23:38:22

<rushes off to buy plane ticket>
Paris sounds like my kind of place! (Minus the broken bones obvs)

HoneyDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 23:34:52

grin they had to find out sometime PDog

Dammit, Honey, I said it stays in Paris angry

Where you there too? blush

HoneyDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 23:30:58

Let's just say getting so drunk you don't notice not one, but two broken bones till the morning, or discovering your 16 year old shared a bed with multiple occupants is not a good thing for a mother to find out.

"I'm not a doctor"

And

"They were mostly gay"

Are not valid enough reasons to prevent being banned from an entire city, on the grounds it is "bad for you".

What happens in Paris, stays in Paris.
<cryptic>

RandallFloyd Tue 12-Nov-13 23:22:15

<Whispers - what happens in Paris?>

HoneyDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 23:14:41

The muttering is a skill I've yet to master in my parenting arsenal. My MiL though, is brilliant at it grin

Maryz Tue 12-Nov-13 22:08:24

We have a road near us that my mum doesn't want us to drive on. She had a dream years ago that someone close to her was going to die on it sad

Unfortunately where we live it's pretty impossible not to drive on it if you want to go anywhere.

She still mutters about it periodically.

HoneyDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 22:05:25

Yes Tee. I'm 35 and my dbro is 44. Tbf on my mum it is the only sanction she imposes on us with rigour, that and cholesterol checks. grin

Tee2072 Tue 12-Nov-13 21:59:38

Balls. 10 years.

Tee2072 Tue 12-Nov-13 21:59:08

Um, aren't you an adult Honey?

I happen to like Belfast. A lot. Or I wouldn't be here.

But it has indeed been 2 years.

And here I am posting on another thread that gets interesting as I get ready for bed. I need to start a lark clique thread. Y'all are up too late for me!

HoneyDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 21:48:28

My brother and I aren't allowed to go to Paris. My mums quite strict about about it due to it leading to what she darkly refers to as "incidents".

It took some persuasion to convince her that disneyland isn't technically paris, because it's the land of disney to stop her contacting border control last summer.

Maryz Tue 12-Nov-13 17:05:10

No he hasn't chosen not to go - he'd go to Bognor with a man in a trenchcoat and BO given the chance, but he's been selected for the school senior rugby team which involved a trip to France, and the school hockey team which involved a trip to Spain <outs self>

Funded by us, natch hmm

So there is no way he is going to Paris for a r&r weekend, especially as he is still underage by two years so will quite possibly have more tours to come.

Topsy, it was, but a very good-natured one grin. There seem to be plenty of bunfights around, I'm sure you will get there in time find one soon [comforting]

To be fair, its a history trip, not a language one, or a jolly!

They are all vair serious at his gaff. Also a state school, but a sparkly new, baby boot camp academy!

Topseyt Tue 12-Nov-13 16:46:08

I miss all the decent bun fights, if that is what it was. sad

They are v impressive (in a sad way) and really touching, MmeD.
And if it's a decent time of year he might catch some good weather?

I feel obliged to add that I went to a bog standard state school (not in the UK though).

My DS gets to go to Normandy for a week trip to the war cemeteries.

His school is so rock and roll.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now