to think this is sheer genius?

(23 Posts)
MrsDarylDixon Sun 10-Nov-13 20:59:12

My best mate orders a pizza before she goes out so that she'll have it all ready to go the next morning when the dreaded hangover munchies kick in.

It has just struck me what brilliant idea this is.

Is this common? Does anyone else do this?

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Sun 10-Nov-13 21:00:30

I do this!

I also order a bigger pizza than I need for this reason.

Same with Chinese

toomuchicecream Sun 10-Nov-13 21:10:54

Er - if you're going to eat it cold the next day, then why not cook a frozen one? Can fully see the point of having something ready for the hangover munchies, just struggling to see the point of having one delivered and paying for the privilege when a frozen one is only a couple of quid and it's not exactly difficult to stick it in the oven??

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 10-Nov-13 21:11:02

Why have I never thought of this?!

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Sun 10-Nov-13 21:12:42

Because take away pizza cold tastes so much better

MonstersBalls Sun 10-Nov-13 21:13:22

Frozen pizza doesn't have the same munch factor as take-away. What a brilliant idea. smile

CoffeeTea103 Sun 10-Nov-13 21:14:47

It's pretty common but not just with pizza.

WooWooOwl Sun 10-Nov-13 21:18:44

I'd rather eat crips while I wait for the pizza to turn up fresh.

MemphisMinnie Sun 10-Nov-13 21:22:27

Chinese. Indian. Pizza. MacD's if I can persuade DD to go and get one fresh obvs grin

YANBU.

MrsDarylDixon Sun 10-Nov-13 21:39:06

But the only pizza places that deliver round here before 5pm are pizza huts, Woo. Who can wait that long once the munchies strike?

Plus their pizzas are shite grin

And she'll be at work. I think there's already raised eyebrows about the cold takeaway for brekkie. If she took delivery of a fresh one at work it might sem a tad unprofessional.

BerniceBroadside Sun 10-Nov-13 21:55:02

I wish I'd thought of that.

I must tell OH that if he ever wants to send me flowers at work (fat chance, but still) to send a me a piping hot pizza instead. Professionalism be damned.

I used to get a doner kebab on a night to take to work for my packed lunch the next day grin
Still in the original wrappings and I would unpack it and have at it grin

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sun 10-Nov-13 23:17:09

Bleeaugh! At the thought of cold nexr day food.

Pizza I agree with but doner kebab? Eurgh!

Thisvehicleisreversing Sun 10-Nov-13 23:48:38

I've got a better one.

My DBro used to order an Indian from a town centre restaurant to be delivered to his house after a night out. Then 5 mins after calling to order it, he'd turn up at the restaurant and say "sorry I thought I'd be home by now, could you deliver me at the same time as my food please?"

Food delivered and no taxi to pay for. grin

He did it every week and got to know the owner who thought it was genius.

awakemysoull Mon 11-Nov-13 00:18:37

This is the best idea ever.

EVER.

grin

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 11-Nov-13 00:30:52

My sister get a Chinese or Indian takeaway and puts it in the fridge for breakfast the next day. I have never fancied it I prefer a roll & sausage and can of irn bru.

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 11-Nov-13 00:33:18

thisvehicle my DP used to do that every weekend (before he met me)

MrsDarylDixon Mon 11-Nov-13 05:27:20

Oooh never thought of irn bru. Bet that goes well with cold pizza! Yum grin

And sillybilly there's nowt finer than breakfastpizza when you've had a big night!

MrsDarylDixon Mon 11-Nov-13 05:28:42

Thisvehicle- I like his style!

LovesBeingHereAgain Mon 11-Nov-13 05:33:31

I don't get fridge cold takeaway, I have to regeat

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 11-Nov-13 06:57:49

Bet your colleagues love you, poster who eats cold doner for lunch.... Bleeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh

grin - I had the place to myself every day - I was only 17 and everyone else in the office used to go to the pub for a very liquid lunch, leaving me to "mind the shop" so I could tuck in in peace. The head planner (was a planning/drawing office) also smoked at least half a dozen cigars a day in the office so the smell of kebab was like a breath of fresh air grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now