To ask if anyone has a Teksta dog and if they are as bad as the reviews

(22 Posts)
myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 10-Nov-13 18:58:50

It's ok - I am quite pleased that they will get one without me having to fork out. They kept asking for it and I know they would have been disappointed if they didn't get one

lifeinthefastlane1 Sun 10-Nov-13 17:51:06

OMG as if these tings are back on the top toy list my dd had one about 10 years ago ,utter rubbish, very hard to program, and play with , used couple of times. I dont imagine they are any better now either, furby certainly isnt...

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Sun 10-Nov-13 17:30:56

I had one myself when they first came out. By breakfast time on Christmas Day I realised how crap it was and I don't think I played with it again.
Do not buy one.

Grockle Sun 10-Nov-13 17:28:15

DS wants one too. Or a 'robot' but I have no idea what to get. Reviews are not great on any of them.

Tiredmumno1 Sun 10-Nov-13 17:24:47

Could you get them to swap for something else myBOYS?

Pixel Sun 10-Nov-13 17:24:18

So am I right in thinking it's not worth me putting dd's outgrown Tekstas on ebay then? She's got the old silver one and the dalmatian.

fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 17:15:30

The zoomer has a couple of bad reviews too sad but hopefully better overall!

myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 10-Nov-13 17:13:30

both my boys want one. I wasn't going to as it is so much money......................
......................................... the inlaws emailed me to tell me they had got them one................each!!!

ShatnersBassoon Sun 10-Nov-13 17:06:37

I watched a young man trying to get one going in a toy dept. on Thursday. He lost his temper and called it a load of crap grin.

stretchyandbendy Sun 10-Nov-13 17:04:14

My DS got one in September for his 7th birthday, he has played with it twice, it's now gathering dust on a shelf and seems to need super powered batteries to make it respond correctly. Waste of money in my opinion.

AtticusMcPlatypus Sun 10-Nov-13 17:01:52

DS had one a few Christmases ago. It was shit. Played with Xmas Day and then completely forgotten about. They may have got better since then I seriously doubt it and it would have do something like do the dishes on Xmas Day or amuse the ILs for three hours to impress me again. Think I eventually sold it on eBay as it was languishing in the bottom of the wardrobe for ages.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 10-Nov-13 16:58:22

My nephew has one. Its eyes flash, it makes noises and it flips. But you mustn't flip it on wood floor in case it breaks, only flip it on carpet. It can't walk on carpet though, it only walks on wood floor.

Fairly limited I think, my boys were impressed with it for about 5 minutes.

worley Sun 10-Nov-13 16:53:13

Ds2 (7) has one.. (He persuaded his dad to buy it for him..)
It's rubbish. He's played with it on e or twice.. Ds1 (15) has been trying to help him with it -- training it!! But terrible waste of money otherwise.. Bit like the furby he had last year. Now hiding in the kitchen cuboard..

If I'd paid for it I wouldn't have been happy with it at all!

We had a Teksta horse a few years ago and it was dire...

dollywashers Sun 10-Nov-13 16:47:08

Love that review. Yes I know Zoomer has better reviews but he doesn't flip over. And that's what she likes about it.

fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 16:45:23

(Although not as good as the now infamous pink Biro reviews)

fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 16:43:51

Purely out of nosiness I looked up these dogs on amazon. Got sidetracked with a tiny very cheap robotic dog and saw this review hahaha

(Irrelevant, sorry, but made me laugh)

FortyFacedFuckers Sun 10-Nov-13 16:25:59

I have got my DS zoomer instead which seems to have had better reviews.

Tiredmumno1 Sun 10-Nov-13 16:10:35

It's one of those toys that they are interested with for about a week, if not less (waste of money).

tobiasfunke Sun 10-Nov-13 16:03:02

DS wanted this for Christmas but we persuaded him to ask for a zoomer by showing him a couple of YouTube videos. It gets far better reviews. Smyths toys have the zoomer at £59.99 and with the code SUN5OFF I got another £5 off yesterday online.

Laurel1979 Sun 10-Nov-13 15:56:19

Sorry I can't help but am interested in seeing responses as my DD wants one too, but I've decided against it due to the poor reviews on Amazon!

dollywashers Sun 10-Nov-13 11:56:49

My dd wants one if these for Christmas but at £55 they aren't cheap and I've read a few crapy reviews. Can I ask if anyone has one and are they really crap?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now