in being such a dirty minger

(26 Posts)
Mylovelyboy Sun 10-Nov-13 11:19:22

I am a very clean person:
Shower twice a day
Nice clean clothes
Immaculate clean house
Beds changed once a week without fail but........I am more than happy to wear the same bra for sometimes two weeks without washing it blush
I always hand wash bras as dont like them in machine as the hooks can sometimes get caught in other stuff. I just take it off and put it on next day without batting an eyelid until this morning upon looking a the rancid thing

Ruprekt Sun 10-Nov-13 11:21:04

That does sound a bit grim......bras get filthy for some reason.....can never understand why!

Bleugh!!!

Sorry that is seriously vile.

Just get one if those laundry bag things to wash them in.

By not washing them often you are probably wrecking them as the sweat and bacteria will effect the elastic.

Mylovelyboy Sun 10-Nov-13 11:23:14

omg I am a minger blush never thought of the bacteria as I consider myself clean in other ways. Bra will now go in long soak and will change my ways smile

JinglingRexManningDay Sun 10-Nov-13 11:23:50

That is ick. Sweat,bacteria,skin cells.

QOD Sun 10-Nov-13 11:54:16

I wear mine for daaaaays. They don't get sweaty like armpit touching stuff! I do alternate and all that but meh.
My running/sports bras though ... Wash everytime as they're soaked when I take them off

Mandy2003 Sun 10-Nov-13 11:54:57

Try wearing a black bra for more than 1 day - you will probably see a tide mark of sweat! Now imagine that seeping into a white bra where it won't show.

JinglingRexManningDay Sun 10-Nov-13 11:56:11

QOD do you not get underboob sweat or between boob sweat?

QOD Sun 10-Nov-13 12:01:16

Not really jingling, I do wash them weekly if I remember I'd say and I probably wear them 4/3 times ?
If I get cleavage sweat I do toss them in the basket

I tend to have 3 at a time, white, black and natural, depending on what I wear

Mylovelyboy Sun 10-Nov-13 12:02:44

This has made me buck my ideas up I think. Feel awful now. Mandy you are right about the black ones. blush Thing is they dont stink. Still smell of my lovely Lenor. No excuses though

JinglingRexManningDay Sun 10-Nov-13 12:04:01

I must be an awful sweaty Betty because I have to give my boobs a good wash every evening and my bras definitely do not get a round two grin.

starsandunicorns Sun 10-Nov-13 12:06:02

If you put your bras ib a pillow case and do the hooks up they dont get tangled up and so can ve safely placed in washing manchine

QOD Sun 10-Nov-13 12:13:41

When I was very fat, 8 stone ago,my under boob area smelt of cheese :O

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Sun 10-Nov-13 12:15:38

I have millions of bras. I chuck them in wash with rest of the stuff.

I always put my underwear in the wash with clothes which is apparently minging on here

JinglingRexManningDay Sun 10-Nov-13 12:16:18

Wow you've lost 8 stone,well done.

When I was pregnant I developed ginormaboobs,I was literally bursting out of tops and sometimes mine smelt a bit cheesy blush but I used caldascene powder and it sorted it.

Mylovelyboy Sun 10-Nov-13 12:29:39

cheesy boobs grin. Think i will use a pillow case. Why did i not think of that before blush. I like to think im not normally that thick grin

starsandunicorns Sun 10-Nov-13 14:47:35

And youput them in the pillow if you close it like you do when you use on a actal pillow they dont fall out

ThePinkOcelot Sun 10-Nov-13 14:52:34

How is it minging to put underwear in the wash with clothes?!

I only wear my bras once as I normally wear the matching knickers as well so wash them at the same time.

Eww 2 weeksshock, that is rather on the air of minger. I have worn mine at most 2 days, but i could never wear it for 2 weeks, i would start growing mushrooms grin

BackforGood Sun 10-Nov-13 15:04:03

Of course it's not minging or vile. The OP says she is an obsessive washer of her body showers twice a day. Seriously folks, where do you think all this grime is coming from to get on her bra ? I certainly don't sweat on my bra (except on holiday / high humidity) but not in normal British weather or the buildings I spend my time in. I@m not saying some people might not, but I'm telling all people certainly don't.

Maryann1975 Sun 10-Nov-13 15:06:28

Thepinkocelot I have no idea why some people wash underwear separate to clothes, but I know one person who does this in real life too. Personally I think it's odd,but then I use a bath towel more than once, which is also apparently a dirty habit according to some.
I will wear a bra for two days and then wash it, but I would also wear a top for two days if I hadn't been sweaty that day. Depends what I'm washing that day (will wash bra after a day if washing that colour) as having recently been measured for bras I only have three that fit correctly and can't spare them if they are sitting in the basket.
Op, wash your bras more often!

I have small boobs, they don't sweat unless I exercise, I've certainly never had a tide mark of sweat! I wear mine until I remember to pick up a different one in the morning.

ImTenAPenny Sun 10-Nov-13 15:17:04

blush I'm a minger too I wear my plain bra for a week and then switch to the 2nd one whilst the 1st in the wash.
I have nice bra's that I wear one day a month if their lucky and then hand wash them as don't want them to ruin.if I'm not leaving the house or going to take my coat off when I'm out then I don't bother even putting one on.

I reckon if you shower twice a day then your bras won't have much chance to get dirty really.
If it don't smell and no ones gonna catch anything off it then I think your ok for another day.

ThePinkOcelot Sun 10-Nov-13 15:19:58

Maryann, I think it's weird too. Nowt queerer than folk, I suppose!

Mylovelyboy Sun 10-Nov-13 15:32:27

Maryann my bra is soaking as I type blush. Im not a smelly person as I do shower twice a day as I said. I have really small boobs and no excess weight and wear not only roll on deodorant but when that has dried I put a spray on top (Not good I know). The bra never looks dirty but suppose it must be [blush). Just a dirty mare in the bra department I think grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now