To not understand in Walking Dead

(111 Posts)
Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 09-Nov-13 10:54:56

Why they smash so many cars up but that green Hyundai is pristine, and, as this zombie problem has been going of for a few years, how they got such an up to date model. Surely it wouldn't be designed?

<clearly needs to find something better to do>

Strumpetron Mon 11-Nov-13 18:38:27

A lot of it is the same though.

Daryl's character was created especially for Norman Reedus. He originally auditioned for the part of Merl. They liked him so much.. They created Daryl. Which is why Daryl is pretty much just Norman.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Mon 11-Nov-13 18:34:13

I haven't read the comics, but as far as I know the storylines are quite different - and there's no Daryl.

I've got two spin off novels, the one I mentioned above goes into the Governor's back story, it's quite interesting. Haven't started the second one yet, but from the blurb on the back it seems to be about how Woodbury evolved.

MrsNormanBates Mon 11-Nov-13 18:05:37

Are the comics worth reading? Will it spoil the show or are they pretty separate?

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Mon 11-Nov-13 15:42:26

I've just finished reading (well, last night) The Rise of the Governor - anyone else read this?

chompychompychompchomp Sun 10-Nov-13 20:09:15

Hmmm
The fruit picking girl cut off her own leg (or the guy she was with cut it off for her) and she escaped. It's the guy's body the zombies are munching on as Carol and Rick look on.
Carol will find the girl and fix her leg...

Preciousbane Sun 10-Nov-13 16:14:41

I love Glen, we were watching the BBT and he was Sheldons housemate prior to Leonard moving in and features in one episode.

Glen driving away in the red sports car down the deserted freeway was ace.

There is an amazing shop in York that sells replica swords. I bought a really good catapult in there, they also have crossbows and armour.

hoppingmad Sun 10-Nov-13 16:12:04

I think a herd is heading towards the prison - I have images of the prison being overrun by walkers and carol arriving in the nick of time with a new group she's found. She saves the day and then gets it on with daryl

If this doesn't happen I shall be most disappointed

MrsNormanBates Sun 10-Nov-13 15:45:30

gimcrack I think they do everyday but more keep arriving...not sure why though! attracted to the noise?

gimcrack Sun 10-Nov-13 15:21:18

I wonder why they don't spend more time killing the zombies through the fence. It's safe and you're reducing overall zombie numbers and protecting the fence.

mumofweeboys Sun 10-Nov-13 13:40:30

Iv been wondering why the hasn't made wooden barricades to go infront of the fence like they have at the entrance, surely that would stop the fence collapsing.

Iv been thinking about the sick wing, why they don't have everyone locked separately in cells as they seem to peg it quickly so what's to stop them rising up and munching on the sick people.

StarvingBookworm Sun 10-Nov-13 13:03:13

Not read whole thread as I haven't seen any of s4. But in s3 the zombie thing had been going for about 10 months (lori got to full term pregnancy, question over father so really not long). Not sure when s4 starts but as for Judith looking 6mo, she looked 2mo at birth!

PatTheHammer Sun 10-Nov-13 12:57:56

Osteoporosis is what I actually mean, I haven't just invented a new zombie bone disease.smile

PatTheHammer Sun 10-Nov-13 12:56:42

Ahh but Zachary, they can press their own oil from seeds when they need veg oil. Difficult to start a homemade oil refinery....I'm thinking in terms of long term survival after all the Zombs have succumbed to oestoporosiswink

Agree that fruit picking guy will be back, the watch is clearly important.

Doesn't Daryl return to dead walkers to get his bolts back if he's got time? Agree that by now he should have run out...maybe he's making them at the prison out of scrap metal?

Strumpetron Sun 10-Nov-13 12:39:12

God knows how it'll end, I just can't see that yet, although I sort of want it to end quickly so I have closure!

But they've sealed the deal for another series yet so...

MrsNormanBates Sun 10-Nov-13 12:37:22

I'm wary of the fruit picking bloke too.

I think darryl and rick are going to come to blows next episode and think Carol will definitely run into the governor.

I think we're due another shock death this series and my guess is Maggie or beth. Hershall is indestructible even with one leg he still manages to outlive everyone else!

How does everyone think the show will end? Really hope there's a cure that's found.

Coconutty Sun 10-Nov-13 12:33:17

I'm actually finding the new series disappointing.

Strumpetron Sun 10-Nov-13 12:24:56

Just googled, he is in real life. His name is Robin Lord Taylor...ooo. I think he will come back defo. Hope so!

Strumpetron Sun 10-Nov-13 12:21:35

I thought the dislocated arm bloke was gay for some reason?!

I wonder if he comes back.

They can't kill off Glen sad no no no <stamps foot>

Dietfail Sun 10-Nov-13 12:03:49

yy..cheery dislocated arm bloke was odd.

the guvnurr got my goat too.. weirdo.

I think they're gonna kill glen off. And I think Maggie is probably pregnant.

beth is cracking up..and she's in charge of Judith. not good.

SpecialAgentFreyPie Sun 10-Nov-13 11:12:52

I'm suspicious of fruit picking bloke. He was... Too cheery? If that makes sense? Also why was her leg so neatly severed? We've had four seasons of knowing what 'ripped apart' looks like. That was a SEVERED leg.

Remember he now knows the prison's numbers etc... If he isn't a disciple for The Governor, maybe he's one of the cannibals from the comics?

Not sure, that leg was simply too bizarre for me on a show that emphasis was ripped limbs really look like.

ZacharyQuack Sun 10-Nov-13 10:51:41

Precious the best present for a zombie apocalypse has to be a katana sword.

ZacharyQuack Sun 10-Nov-13 10:49:52

Where does Daryl get his crossbow arrows (bolt?) from? And when does he reload? Surely it's a one-shot deal? Shoot a bolt, put the next one in and stretch the string bit back into position. Doesn't seem all that efficient when there's more than one zombie around.

Pat I expect that in a post-apocalyptic USA, petrol would be much easier to find than vege oil. There's abandoned cars everywhere with gas in the tank to be siphoned.

And why don't they call them zombies? Did they live in an alternative version of USA where there was no zombie fiction or movies? I'd love to see a scene where one of the characters says "Hey wait - these things, are these what zombies are?"

I'm not having a good feeling about Glen, he hasn't been given much to do this season. Apart from cough and sweat.

And I'm worried about Beth and the baby.

Preciousbane Sun 10-Nov-13 10:49:29

So far I have a wind up torch, BB gun, some space food and a compass. I'm buying a first aid kit and some water purification tablets and on the lookout for other stuff. I'm going to make the stocking out of scraps of material so it looks like it has been in a zombie apocalypse, complete with fake blood.

Put it this way, two years ago on Mother's Day DS made me a complete set of top trumps zombie cards. Featuring various people, weapons, scenarios, and vehicles. He also included a few famous people zombied up my faves were Zombie Ghandi and Stalin. Stalin had a high kill rate Ghandi was still about peace and love even as a zombie! This year he got his Dad to buy me Dead rising two for the Xbox.

PatTheHammer Sun 10-Nov-13 10:34:27

Maybe it's diesel in the cars? Do American cars mostly use diesel or petrol?

If diesel it has a higher evaporation point as its less volatile. Also they should be mixing it with used vegetable oil to make biodiesel and make their fuel go further!
Burning the zombies in the prison furnace....it must have one, would also be a good energy solution.

I really do think that Carol will happen across the guvnor. I also think that whoever said the girl was feeding the rats to the zombies was right...although why would she want them to collapse the fence? This was what the rats wee for wasn't it, to tempt them over to the weak point of the fence? Or maybe I just imagined that!

FuzzyWuzzywasaWoman Sun 10-Nov-13 10:27:27

I LOVE the idea of s survival stocking, what are you putting in it? I want one envy

I wonder if Carol will come across the Gov?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now