Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not understand in Walking Dead

(111 Posts)
Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 09-Nov-13 10:54:56

Why they smash so many cars up but that green Hyundai is pristine, and, as this zombie problem has been going of for a few years, how they got such an up to date model. Surely it wouldn't be designed?

<clearly needs to find something better to do>

StarvingBookworm Sun 10-Nov-13 13:03:13

Not read whole thread as I haven't seen any of s4. But in s3 the zombie thing had been going for about 10 months (lori got to full term pregnancy, question over father so really not long). Not sure when s4 starts but as for Judith looking 6mo, she looked 2mo at birth!

mumofweeboys Sun 10-Nov-13 13:40:30

Iv been wondering why the hasn't made wooden barricades to go infront of the fence like they have at the entrance, surely that would stop the fence collapsing.

Iv been thinking about the sick wing, why they don't have everyone locked separately in cells as they seem to peg it quickly so what's to stop them rising up and munching on the sick people.

gimcrack Sun 10-Nov-13 15:21:18

I wonder why they don't spend more time killing the zombies through the fence. It's safe and you're reducing overall zombie numbers and protecting the fence.

MrsNormanBates Sun 10-Nov-13 15:45:30

gimcrack I think they do everyday but more keep arriving...not sure why though! attracted to the noise?

hoppingmad Sun 10-Nov-13 16:12:04

I think a herd is heading towards the prison - I have images of the prison being overrun by walkers and carol arriving in the nick of time with a new group she's found. She saves the day and then gets it on with daryl

If this doesn't happen I shall be most disappointed

Preciousbane Sun 10-Nov-13 16:14:41

I love Glen, we were watching the BBT and he was Sheldons housemate prior to Leonard moving in and features in one episode.

Glen driving away in the red sports car down the deserted freeway was ace.

There is an amazing shop in York that sells replica swords. I bought a really good catapult in there, they also have crossbows and armour.

chompychompychompchomp Sun 10-Nov-13 20:09:15

Hmmm
The fruit picking girl cut off her own leg (or the guy she was with cut it off for her) and she escaped. It's the guy's body the zombies are munching on as Carol and Rick look on.
Carol will find the girl and fix her leg...

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Mon 11-Nov-13 15:42:26

I've just finished reading (well, last night) The Rise of the Governor - anyone else read this?

MrsNormanBates Mon 11-Nov-13 18:05:37

Are the comics worth reading? Will it spoil the show or are they pretty separate?

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Mon 11-Nov-13 18:34:13

I haven't read the comics, but as far as I know the storylines are quite different - and there's no Daryl.

I've got two spin off novels, the one I mentioned above goes into the Governor's back story, it's quite interesting. Haven't started the second one yet, but from the blurb on the back it seems to be about how Woodbury evolved.

Strumpetron Mon 11-Nov-13 18:38:27

A lot of it is the same though.

Daryl's character was created especially for Norman Reedus. He originally auditioned for the part of Merl. They liked him so much.. They created Daryl. Which is why Daryl is pretty much just Norman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now