To not understand in Walking Dead

(111 Posts)
Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 09-Nov-13 10:54:56

Why they smash so many cars up but that green Hyundai is pristine, and, as this zombie problem has been going of for a few years, how they got such an up to date model. Surely it wouldn't be designed?

<clearly needs to find something better to do>

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 11:34:42

Zombie bone must loose a lot of density or hardness, it seems incredibly easy to stab them in the head with fairly blunt instruments.
Perhaps they will all die of calcium deficiency or something.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 09-Nov-13 11:35:07

I don't get why they don't tell rick to do one quite frankly. His decision making skills are shit, his kids are brats who don't do as they're told (well, Karl is), and he's a domineering fuckwit.

I really should go and do some stuff and get some things grin

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 11:35:19

lose not loosesmile

Leave Egg alone! I have fancied him for years drools

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 09-Nov-13 11:35:50

Surely if you're a zombie you're dead ergo rotting flesh meaning give them a while and they'll rot to nothing

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 11:37:32

Will they decompose to the point where they are just skeletons then? I don't know enough about zombie anatomy clearly.

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 11:38:59

In the book of world war Z, lots were preserved in ice and then 'reanimated' when the thaw came.
Maybe the ones in colder countries won't decompose for years and years?

Chivetalking Sat 09-Nov-13 11:43:06

Haven't watched for a while as it all got a bit too samey but haven't mathematical models demonstrated the infection rate to be so overwhelming that it just isn't possible for humans to co-exist alongside the undead for any length of time?

I always wonder what these zombies are eating to keep them lurching. There's not that much live flash roaming around to chow down on and when there is they can't get more than a mouthful each confused

Chivetalking Sat 09-Nov-13 11:44:09

flesh.

FFS hmm

hoppingmad Sat 09-Nov-13 11:44:46

Grr, what rick did annoyed the hell out of me. He's taken the moral high ground with carol who was acting in the best interests of the group. I don't agree with what she did but I do think she believed she was stopping the spread and saving lives.

Rick's actions are cowardly and worse than hers. He must realise he has drastically decreased her chance of survival so he's no better than he deems her to be.

He was more likeable as egg!

Their car is way too clean aswell

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sat 09-Nov-13 11:47:10

"Why did Carol just go last night - she coud have just gone back to the prison and told everyone Rick is off on one again and she doesn't know what hes talking about!"

grin

How long does the brain take to decompose? That's the bit that needs to die really.

And what's this new infection - I thought it was the water - lots of decomposing zombie bodies leaching into the water supplies they have... perhaps some of them are going to be immune?

And that couple last night were very fishy - no way had they survived that long - pair of wetters would have died very early on!

And, and, and - Carl does my head in - I've always been part of the anti smacking brigade but I could happily give that kid a slap! blush

{I really need to get out the house today don't I?}

ipswichwitch Sat 09-Nov-13 11:50:50

Yes, zombies with osteoporosis pat!! You could then just give them a hefty shove, they'll fall over, break a hip and not be so damned shuffley anymore grin
I didn't quite get why Rick is suddenly pig farmer extraordinaire while they have a perfectly good vet knocking about. Maybe they all got swine flu off the pigs?

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 11:55:31

The fact that the zombies eat must mean they have a basic nutritional need, to fuel the basic part of the brain that's still partially alive maybe?

So why was that old zombie they found trapped in the garage still going? He clearly had been tied up so no access to flesh. Although he didn't look great he still had a functioning jaw!

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 11:56:50

Did Michonne need to feed her 'pet' ones that she had?

Traditional Zombies feed on brain matter, because their brains are dead they need fresh brain matter - I have no idea how it is converted - perhaps its not converted, they just think they need the brains and eat them but they carry on decomposing anyway??

The bloke trapped in the garage looked a big bloke on the pictures - perhaps being a fatty will mean I have a longer zombie life - so being overweight can actually extend your 'life' - put that in your hat and smoke it Dr Hilary!

Rufus44 Sat 09-Nov-13 12:04:32

I have told the children that if there is a zombie apocalypse they have a new daddy, I will have to trim Daryl's hair though.

DH was a bit put out but I'm sure he will get over it

wigglesrock Sat 09-Nov-13 12:05:12

No she didn't need to feed them, they were slowly starving to death, but it takes months/ years for them to starve. I only know this because I'm a late comer to the show & they explained it when her & Andrea first went to Woodbury & there was a bit of Basil Exposition ( am having a Walking Dead marathon weekend)

feelingood Sat 09-Nov-13 12:07:04

love a bit of egg me, especially french style

lolaisafuckertoo Sat 09-Nov-13 12:08:37

Last season, I had to turn it off because that younger sexed up pair had a very long snog session COVERED IN BLOOD FOLLOWING A ZOMB MASSACRE. Fair turned my stomach it did.
The passion was so overwhelming you couldn't wash your feckin hands before having a pash and basically diluting all that blood and then sticking it down your loved ones throat..
JUst fucking ewwwwwww..ewwwwwww

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 12:08:58

They need to do more experiments with the zombies. I think getting rid of that scientist guy in the last series will prove to be an error.

Some humans MUST be immune to the zombie virus. It stands to reason that a small amount of the population will be genetically different enough. Whether they would survive the apocalypse is another matter, unlikely seems to be the accepted opinion.

Meid Sat 09-Nov-13 12:20:30

I also watch it asking lots of questions.

What exactly was wrong with Carol teaching the children about knives? Why keep it a secret?

What do they do with all the zombie bodies that they have killed through the fence at the prison?

And why do they come across survivors who have never killed before and don't know how to defend themselves?

lolaisafuckertoo Sat 09-Nov-13 12:21:50

I think the experiments thing in Woodbury prove just what a bad idea they are. Including the GOve and his lovely daughter.
Remember the man back at te centre thing that blew up to fuck? He did that like x ray thingy of how the disease progressed in the brain and the last bit was him putting a pistol in his wifes mouth and splatting her brain? That is investigation enough for me.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 09-Nov-13 12:22:11

Why is rick so anti having new people join?

PatTheHammer Sat 09-Nov-13 12:42:22

Lola-not proper weirdo experiments. Just lock a few up and see how long they last without food? wink

Did we find out what was going on with the rat-feeding through the fence?

Wet behind the ears survivors may have fled from less infested areas? It seems impossible to survive unless you have your house set up like Fort Knox like that dude who rick knew did in the last season, can't remember his name.
Then conversely you have some randoms who have seemingly made it by kipping in a tent and moving around a lot.

The bloke at CDC was a loss too, you need people like that to work on a vaccine. Shame he lost the plot but I think I would have too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now