Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to want to go back to the time when men were REAL men...

(208 Posts)
ElizabethBathory Thu 07-Nov-13 19:40:29

women were REAL women...

and small, furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small, furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

TheDoctrineOfWho Sun 10-Nov-13 23:10:18

Anyone else see River Song's message on a mountain to the Doctor as a nod to God's last message to creation?

Panzee Sun 10-Nov-13 23:04:20

So you think that time flows that way, do you? Interesting...

PseudoBadger Sun 10-Nov-13 21:53:52

And so the Universe ended.

Panzee Sun 10-Nov-13 21:09:47

We are in this cave.

ElizabethBathory Sun 10-Nov-13 21:02:58

We could really, you know, be in this cave...

Panzee Sun 10-Nov-13 17:23:15

heartisaspade nobody reads past the third billion pages so they are intentionally left blank to save on printing costs.

DoctorTwo Iran Sun 10-Nov-13 09:14:29

Arthur knew he couldn't die till he'd been to Stavromula Beta.

Just finished reading this thread. The first billion posts were the worst. The second billion I didn't enjoy at all. After that it started to go downhill.

FestiveEdition Sun 10-Nov-13 08:34:03

I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is
grin

SecretWitch Sat 09-Nov-13 23:51:40

I could really use a wish right now

FestiveEdition Sat 09-Nov-13 21:49:24

Is there any tea on this spaceship?

DIDCOT (n.)
The tiny oddly-shaped bit of card which a ticket inspector cuts out of a ticket with his clipper for no apparent reason. It is a little-known fact that the confetti at Princess Margaret's wedding was made up of thousands of didcots collected by inspectors on the Royal Train.

(Meaning of Liff)

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Italy Sat 09-Nov-13 21:37:29

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

perplexedpirate Sat 09-Nov-13 21:34:48

I can't stop coming back to this thread. I need to put a SEP field around it.

LifeHuh Sat 09-Nov-13 20:56:30

Why stop now,just when I'm hating it?

I'm Zaphod Beeblebrox, my father was Zaphod Beeblebrox the Second, my grandfather Zaphod Beeblebrox the Third... There was an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine.

MadBusLady Sat 09-Nov-13 20:34:55

Many people of course became extremely rich but this was all very well and nothing to be ashamed of because no-one was really poor, at least, no-one worth speaking of.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 09-Nov-13 20:33:15

Telephone sanitisers!

The best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is to stick your finger down his throat, and the best way to irritate him is to feed his grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

PseudoBadger Sat 09-Nov-13 20:27:26

Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?

FestiveEdition Sat 09-Nov-13 20:23:01

Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Italy Sat 09-Nov-13 20:13:53

Arthur Dent?
Arthur Philip Dent?
You're a jerk.A complete arsehole.

FestiveEdition Sat 09-Nov-13 20:11:03

Oh dear, I hadn't thought of that
< promptly vanishes in a puff of logic>

Cadsuane Sat 09-Nov-13 20:00:27

Hay who do you think you are honey, Zaphod Beeblebrox or something?
Count the heads.

Cadsuane Sat 09-Nov-13 19:55:55

Zootlewordle Zoortlewordle Zootleworld

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now