To want DSS to eat his packed lunch

(52 Posts)
Lvcat Thu 07-Nov-13 09:03:09

DSS is 6 and is in y2 of KS1. He has extra behavioural needs and can be distracted very easily in class and will attention seek and tantrum.
We have been struggling with him to get him to eat his packed lunches. He does not have a great deal in there (only a wrap, some kind if cheese item an a banana/apple) as was recommended to us by our social worker. But he will still come home from school having only eaten half a wrap, saying he's starving.

AIBU to expect that there should be some level of supervision in the dining hall at school to make sure children are actually eating as this must affect his concentration/behaviour in the afternoons?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 07-Nov-13 20:37:07

Glad yet offered a potential solution. Hope it works for you smile

Sophie18 Thu 07-Nov-13 21:16:18

Whatever he didn't eat one day I would give him just that and fruit the next day. Children shouldn't be pandered to and if they really are hungry they wouldn't be bothered about what's in their packed lunch. I do agree that lunchtime supervisors should be more strict about eating. When I was at school, we weren't allowed to leave the dining room until we'd eaten everything, it was a very small school so much easier to manage this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now