Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

If the C word is so bad, why is Scunthorpe spelt the way it is?

(212 Posts)
paulagil Wed 06-Nov-13 14:40:10

I piss myself laughing everytime I see it on the television weather charts.

Ha ha ho ho. Or am I just warped?

iFad Tue 12-Nov-13 08:16:35
iFad Tue 12-Nov-13 08:17:53

I'm definitely looking at property in Slutshole Lane grin

PattyPuddy Tue 12-Nov-13 08:53:36

Has anyone else driven along Bald Knob Road?

www.whereis.com/qld/bald-knob/bald-knob-rd#session=MTc=

Thumbwitch Tue 12-Nov-13 10:41:55

YES! I have. I knew there was another hilarious name up there somewhere but couldn't remember it - thank you for posting it! grin Went along it, or saw it anyway when we visited Maleny.

justamouse Tue 12-Nov-13 11:03:23

Clitheroe in Lancashire. I'd love to meet the clit heroe, that would make my day!

Livinginlimbo2 Tue 12-Nov-13 12:25:07

My friend lives in a village called; " Willy". True, it's on Shropshire.

EldritchCleavage Tue 12-Nov-13 12:27:06

What about Quimper, in France?

On the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean, one of the larger towns is called Tampon

Livinginlimbo2 Tue 12-Nov-13 22:21:42

Sounds like right bloody hole if you ask me!

There's a Nunney Castle in the Cheshire area, always gave the kids a laugh when they were little.

Oops perhaps Somerset not Cheshire.

paulagil Mon 25-Nov-13 17:20:58

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've just found Sandy Balls in Hampshire. It might be on here already, but... LOLOLOLOL.....

And there is Shag Rock on S Georgia (nearish to The Falklands). And who can pass by Spankers Hill Wood in Richmond Park without sniggering? Ho ho! *childish face*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now