To expect asda to respond and to give my money back?!

(40 Posts)
AmIGoingMad Tue 05-Nov-13 22:12:35

I stupidly switched to shopping online with asda a few weeks ago. Got the delivery pass offer that was on ( slightly prematurely I now realise!).

Shop before last I returned some ridiculous substitutions and only got refunded for one item. Emailed them and got the other refunds.

Last shop I returned 6 items. Once again only 1 refunded. I've now emailed them the same email explaining this 4 times on 4 consecutive days ( I'm emailing as our landline isn't working so phoning from mobile would likely cost me more than the refund). No response from them at all and the money still hasn't been refunded.

It's not a huge amount I suppose but its just the principle of the thing. I don't have the goods that the money was for so surely I should have the money back! And no response to the emails has wound me up even more. Can you tell?grin

AmIGoingMad Thu 07-Nov-13 17:05:34

Maybe I should count myself lucky that they turned up at all!

Well today after sending 5/6 emails I've had a response. The response doesn't actually link properly to what I wrote and they've asked me to send details ( all of which were in all of the emails I've already sent- including the one they were responding to) so that they can look into it.

Hopefully I'll get my money back soon!

ZombieMojaveWonderer Thu 07-Nov-13 17:22:08

I have used Sainsbury's for awhile now and I have found them to be excellent. Subs are always acceptable and the shopping is delivered in tip top condition. Drivers are always friendly and offer to carry into my kitchen. I was meant to go back to store shopping but I don't see the need to now.

Mamf74 Thu 07-Nov-13 17:24:42

I love my Sainsbury's man but we've had an Asda open nearby and I do keep thinking about going over to them online as they are so much cheaper. Threads like this make me really nervous though!

Sainsburys has my vote too.

Lots of problems with asda - gave up on them in the end.
One of their substitutions was mini bottles of Marsala instead of prosecco hmm cheers...

AmIGoingMad Thu 07-Nov-13 22:06:34

shock At those subs!

Delivery driver told us about red peppers being replaced with red apples!!!

BlueSkySunnyDay Fri 08-Nov-13 00:01:17

I do sometimes wonder if the people who pick orders actually eat anything - they dont seem to have a clue about food at all....its not like its rocket science is it?

Ive tried them all, except Ocado, the Sainsburys deliver drivers were by far the most professional (although a couple of the Tesco guys now are really pleasant and very helpful too)

The Asda guys did their best but like I said the distances they were expected to cover were impossible in the time allocated. I waited up till midnight one day for an order which was "on its way" despite me ringing them 2 or 3 times in an evening they didnt have the decency to tell me that the driver wasnt coming after all....they also then couldnt reschedule my delivery for days

I have to say Asda probably have the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with in years...except BT of course, they manage levels of fuckwittery which are almost art.

MrsMook Fri 08-Nov-13 07:46:20

I use Sainsbury's when I need to do online and they do well. For most things I won't accept substitutes as DS has allergies so swapping brand X for brand Y of the same thing like oven chips may not be acceptable as the ingredients differ.
I generally find in store simpler even with 2 young children.

AmIGoingMad Fri 08-Nov-13 14:23:24

Well my persistence has finally paid off! I have had my refund! Six emails and two contact forms later but at least I've had it!

Glad to hear it!

AmIGoingMad Fri 08-Nov-13 22:43:56

Thanks!smile

Online shopping with Asda is SHIT
That is all.

Moodykat Fri 08-Nov-13 22:51:59

Last time I did an online shop with Asda the price from ordering to when delivered went up by about £10 as lots of the cleaning stuff I bought whilst on offer on the website, was no longer on offer the next day. On the phone they simply said "terms say our prices are subject to change". I'll never shop with them online again.

MysteriousHamster Fri 08-Nov-13 22:52:23

I would never use Asda after reading so many bad threads about them on here.

Years ago I found Tesco were very flakey. Hopefully they've improved since then.

I use Ocado now and like them a lot. Occasionally there's a damaged item but they always refund quickly. Rarely substitutions and they're usually fine.

LalyRawr Fri 08-Nov-13 22:59:02

I used Asda once. Never again.

Was 5 hours late, constantly told 'he will be there in 5 minutes'. Longest five minutes I've ever known. Manager refused to come to the phone when I wanted to escalate complaint. No apology from Driver. (Seriously, how difficult is 'Sorry we're so late XYZ reason'')

& to top it all off, when I went to make DD toast the next day, the bread was mouldy and five days out of date.

Emailed CEO, had entire shopping refunded (which to be fair was less than £40) and £40 of online vouchers which I gave to my friend as I refuse to shop with them.

Tesco are brilliant and lovely and their customer service has always been brilliant when I've called/emailed.

MuffCakes Fri 08-Nov-13 23:01:17

Hi OP I get problems with asda but everytime I ring them not email complain and get a fiver off my next shop so I don't really care since I get a fiver every time. Try ringing instead of emailing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now