Aisles of random tat that appear in shops at Christmas....

(273 Posts)

AIBU to be a bit sad about it? BHS usually excel in it, I noticed today Asda had an aisle of it.

It's all so, well, crap. sad

I wouldn't buy any of it for anyone-it looks like you went down the random Christmas tat aisle and bought the first thing you saw. Who buys it? confused

Sorry about mentioning the C word-but it's out there. sad

champagnesupernova2 Wed 06-Nov-13 09:09:30

My sister who is normally quite sane buys those xmas pudding bin bags.
<head desk>

Maryz Wed 06-Nov-13 09:13:54

I want a chipmonk too

At least the pen was useful, LaQ.

I rather like the Christmas pudding bin bags blush

fuzzpig Wed 06-Nov-13 09:18:32

My mum bought all her teenage grandsons rude boxers from Primark one year.

Could be worse... DH's ex gave their son (20 at the time) a willy care kit for Xmas last year. <boak>

(Sorry I'm not going to link to it as it'd really mess up my amazon recommendations hmm)

Pennyacrossthehall Wed 06-Nov-13 10:43:25

MarmaladeBatkins The one criteria that everyone should adhere to when choosing a present is this; can you only buy this item at christmas? If yes, step away, because things that you can only buy at christmas are shite.

That is a 100% perfect rule.

Ev1lEdna Wed 06-Nov-13 10:57:08

I think you are all bah humbug scrooges grin I love all manner of Christmas tat. I totally adore the whole tackiness of it, just for Christmas mind you, not at any other time. It drives OH mad. I can't recall who said it earlier up thread about mini things being bad but I also love all things mini. One of the things I love about Christmas most is small food (party food).

Tis the season to eat small food fa la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaa

So there wink

I hope someone gets you the 'Chilli Shoe' Edna. grin

LaQueenOfTheDamned Wed 06-Nov-13 13:45:22

It wasn't useful Mary the attached sprig of plastic holly pricked your hand when you tried to write hmm

Ev1lEdna Wed 06-Nov-13 13:54:03

Sparkling They probably will now and I will come back on here and complain because Christmas has passed grin (It will probably serve me right for calling a whole thread of people Bah humbug scrooges!)

Bogeyface Wed 06-Nov-13 14:24:46

Thanks to this thread my google ads are insane!

Never click on a link, never click on a link.........

Will I ever learn? hmm

What are they selling you Bogey? What have you bought? grin

Bogeyface Wed 06-Nov-13 14:33:18

I havent bought anything but I am now being persued by BHS and M&S with all manner of tat, including Marmite stuff in the wrong colours grin

mrsjay Thu 07-Nov-13 09:07:15

do it bogey your family willlove the tatt grin

TheBitchesOfWeestick Fri 08-Nov-13 16:27:39

Just to revive this thread Sparklingbrook, I received a Handpicked Collection catalogue today that is plainly the middle class version of Christmas tat. Fuck knows why I have been signed up for this, I don't remember shopping at Pedlars, but anyway it is here and as I saw I could be spending £14.95 on a pair of Liberty print shoelaces I thought of you grin

Pagwatch Fri 08-Nov-13 16:39:26

Look - look what I found in Boots.

This is the ultimate gift set.
What says Christmas better than the micro pedi gift set

A gift and an insult all in one - merry Christmas you fucking hobbit. Ho ho ho.

Ooh I need to look at that Bitches.

Merry Christmas!! Now sort your trotters out! grin Pag

mrsjay Fri 08-Nov-13 19:09:53

(boak) @micropedi oh god that is disgusting I heard my sister sand her feet with her pedi thing the other week when i was at my mums i almost passed out ,

mrsjay Fri 08-Nov-13 19:10:28

grin @merry christmas you hobbit

mrsjay Fri 08-Nov-13 19:11:47

I want sparrow egg magnets from handpicked i have no idea what they are but I want them

mrsjay Fri 08-Nov-13 19:18:04

Handpicked (which i am loving) have an embroidered lingerie bag do posh people keep their knickers in a linen bag because they are not from primark expenisve hmm

littlesquid Sat 09-Nov-13 16:20:14
ChipAndSpud Sat 09-Nov-13 16:25:35

Next year SIL is soooo getting something from BHS for Christmas....mwahahaha!

I need to look at Handpicked I think.

I have been to Wilko today. They have owl and fox Christmas cards. confused

Libitina Sun 30-Nov-14 18:39:35

I know this was a zombie thread, but xmas tat is a bugbear of mine. I wish some of these links still worked!

What's the best tat around this year?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now