Younger siblings are always more attractive

(177 Posts)
AnyWetCuntweaselsInTheFuckerGr Sun 03-Nov-13 19:50:27

.. and frequently cleverer, funnier and generally more talented.

I am struggling to think of a counter-example from my personal experience.

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Fri 19-Feb-16 07:39:37

I'm the youngest and by far the better looking .... My DH is the youngest and he has two very very ugly sisters.

The Bro's question .... Luke the actor is the eldest and Matt the singer is the youngest !!!

I conclude your theory is correct !!!

Well done !grin

IslandGirlie Fri 19-Feb-16 07:35:10

Nope, oldest of 6, I have done much better than my younger sisters, look wise we are all similar, different strengths.
Older boy in the family is less sharper than younger too.

Greyhorses Fri 19-Feb-16 07:31:49

I am the oldest and definatley the most intelligent however my younger sister is much more physically attractive than I am blush

LarrytheCucumber Fri 19-Feb-16 07:28:59

My eldest son is the best looking of my children (IMHO).

CheerfulYank Fri 19-Feb-16 06:08:21

Strange that they'd post a zombie thread on FB!

I'm the youngest. My brother is more clever and probably better looking too. Sigh.

DH is youngest and cleverest. He's the best looking of the two boys but his older sisters are prettier than he is handsome iykwim.

lotbyname Thu 18-Feb-16 16:31:18

I'm an only child so I have all the attractive. Obvs.

Patapouf Thu 18-Feb-16 11:56:44

I'm the oldest of my siblings, so YABU.

YANBU to suggest that not all siblings are equally blessed looks-wise, in terms of intellect etc.

MiaowTheCat Thu 18-Feb-16 11:20:39

With my own kids - DD1 is more beautiful, DD2's gorgeous and has a smile that could light up a room, but DD1 is much more classically, photogenically (when she doesn't have her fucking eyes shut in every photo like her father) beautiful. DD2 on the other hand has the most fantastic sense of humour that I've ever come across in a child her age.

Both are equally accomplished in the skill of winding up your sibling and then coming crying to parents when it all backfired.

kyph09 Thu 18-Feb-16 10:45:30

The only factor I can think of is that the baby's head is more likely to engage earlier during the first pregnancy so perhaps this plays a part on face shape and symmetry etc. Perhaps delivery method plays a part too. Position in the womb play a part in how you look which is why identical twins never look 100% identical despite having identical dna

YankNCock Thu 18-Feb-16 10:04:40

ZT got me too, it was on 'Trending!'

YankNCock Thu 18-Feb-16 10:01:52

Oh god, my DH is easily, by any standards, the more attractive between him and his younger brother. Apparently BIL was a very cute kid and the 8 year age gap meant BIL was at the height of cute whilst DH was going through awkward adolescence....but in the last 15-20 years the scales have been tipped in DH's favour in terms of looks, intelligence, and general not-being-a-useless-twat.*

*Yes, of course I'm biased, but BIL is really rather unfortunate looking. And a twat.

stumblymonkey Thu 18-Feb-16 09:53:41

Only just realised this is a zombie thread. Argh.

stumblymonkey Thu 18-Feb-16 09:47:54

Scientifically speaking and also as a child conceived at the tender age of seventeen it should the the eldest that have the advantage since the younger the eggs, the better quality they are.

<looks smug and admires self in the mirror>

Ludways Thu 18-Feb-16 09:47:39

I've heard this before but it's clearly BOLLOCKS... And that's coming from a younger sibling.

helenahandbag Thu 18-Feb-16 09:44:56

I'm the eldest of two and my brother and I couldn't look more different so it's difficult to compare our looks. We're both fairly attractive (nobody has ever thrown rotten fruit at me anyway!) but I'm short and deathly pale with very dark features and he's tall, tanned and fair.

Neither of us went to uni but both are pretty intelligent. I did better at school but that's only because DB is a bit of a slacker, not because he was incapable. We both earn decent money - I'm in a mid-level admin job and he is a mechanic.

Shirkingfromhome Thu 18-Feb-16 09:43:23

Definitely I might be slightly biased being the youngest

I'd have to question your theory on the millibands though. That's a rock and hard place.

OfaFrenchmind2 Thu 18-Feb-16 09:40:01

My older sister is a beauty, always was. I am ok, but not on the same level as her adorable heart-shaped face and lovely eyes.
On the other hand, while she is no slouch in the brain department (far from it), I got the hedge IQ-wise. Nature was fair, we are fine with Her.

ToastyFingers Thu 18-Feb-16 09:39:09

I'm the eldest, I was the more attractive child/teenager, but it must be said, Dsis is ageing much better than I am, and is more attractive now.

I'm the brainy one though, and no amount of saggy boobs or wrinkles will change that.

MagicalHamSandwich Thu 18-Feb-16 09:32:56

Ed Milliband is fugly

Not saying he's attractive - but he's more attractive than his brother. David has the more regular features but there's something about him that I find incredibly off-putting.

I wouldn't shag either of them but I would much prefer Ed's company ...

My big sister is a tall blonde model-esque vision of beauty. I am the brainy one.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 17-Feb-16 11:13:42

I'm prettier than my younger sister. She's sexy with a very memorable face but I have the more classically pretty features.

LaContessaDiPlump Wed 17-Feb-16 10:34:06

My younger DS is definitely the beautiful one of the two and brighter. This is also the case for DH and his older bro.

I'm the older sister though so OBVIOUSLY your theory is wrong in my case <preens>

blindsider Wed 17-Feb-16 10:20:32

Oh, and, Ed is definitely the more attractive Miliband brother!

You didn't mention that although successful, you are totally blind as well.

Ed Milliband is fugly

MagicalHamSandwich Wed 17-Feb-16 10:10:11

I'm the older and I'm definitely the more intellectually gifted one between us. My sister is a very smart woman but I'm considered intellectually brilliant by most standards.

I have no idea who the pretty one is, TBH. We basically have the same face but I have our father's Irish colouring (fair skin, dark hair) whereas she has our maternal grandfather's golden skin and blond locks - we're Snow White and Cinderella, basically. We also both believe that we're the 'ugly' sister.

She has much better social skills than I do. I'm anxious around people whereas she makes friends easily. OTOH I'm the successful one with a career in a top firm whereas my sister still kind of drifts about at 32.

I definitely couldn't say who turned out 'better' between us. I like to think we both ended up pretty decent.

Oh, and, Ed is definitely the more attractive Miliband brother!

blindsider Wed 17-Feb-16 10:02:51

In our family my older brother is more clever and successful than me, but I am waaaay better looking...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now