Younger siblings are always more attractive

(143 Posts)
AnyWetCuntweaselsInTheFuckerGr Sun 03-Nov-13 19:50:27

.. and frequently cleverer, funnier and generally more talented.

I am struggling to think of a counter-example from my personal experience.

DanglingChillis Sun 03-Nov-13 20:01:39

I'm 9 years older than my sister. When I had DD1, she showed a work colleague a photo of me and the baby in the hospital. Her work colleague immediately said 'you look so alike', to which DSis said 'she's nearly 10 years older than me and has just been through a long labour, that is not a complement!' (I thought it was smile). Does that provide enough of a counter point to your experience? Maybe you just assume the better looking siblings are the youngest?

Seriously though I think the stats suggest older siblings generally do better academically, not sure if that fits your definition of talented though? Looks I think are random and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

NotYoMomma Sun 03-Nov-13 20:01:44

my husband is infinitley better looking than his big brother grin

DaleyBump Sun 03-Nov-13 20:01:50

My sister and I are pretty much identical and I'm 20 months older than her. The only differences between us are that she has a wee snub nose and is about 6 inches shorter.

SeeYouNT Sun 03-Nov-13 20:02:12

hmmm well i think i am better looking than my younger brother - but probably wasn't growing up, i was somewhat gawky whereas he was cute and had all the girls after him grin

but that kind of swapped round when we got to late teens / early 20's

my DD (4) is probably better looking than her older brother (my DS) - is it really bad of me to say that shock ...but they have different dads, does that make any difference grin

MOIST Sun 03-Nov-13 20:02:48

I'm 3rd of 4 and while I am nicer than the others I am not prettier.

AnyWetCuntweaselsInTheFuckerGr Sun 03-Nov-13 20:02:49

The Williams sisters - both younger siblings in their family - Serena is more successful & wealthier difficult to see who's prettier behind all the 'fashion' choices

MammaTJ Sun 03-Nov-13 20:02:58

I got the looks, the personality, boobs and intelligence, my younger DSis got the skinnyness. I am envy of that but would never swap! grin

NotYoMomma Sun 03-Nov-13 20:03:29

I have a biological older sister who I have never met. I am now v interested in her hideousness wink

turkeyboots Sun 03-Nov-13 20:04:20

Apparently the more boys you have, the less attractive they are. Not sure if it's true or a bad mis reading of some research.

But I'm Irish and know lots of big families - 10+ children big. The younger ones don't fit into your theory at all.

Mia4 Sun 03-Nov-13 20:04:20

I can both counter and agree. My younger sisters are extremely pretty-more so then the middle-me. My older sisters are pretty and on parr with the younger, more so then me again. I'm the middle one and the 'smart one' apparently.

My DP, younger then his bro is the more handsome one but his brother is so, so smart- more so then DP.

Neitheronethingortheother Sun 03-Nov-13 20:04:20

I always thought that too tbh I put it down to them having an easier entry into the world and generally softer parenting.

LiegeAndLief Sun 03-Nov-13 20:04:48

I have a younger brother who is definitely better looking, funnier and more talented. I might have a slight edge on cleverer though.

AnyWetCuntweaselsInTheFuckerGr Sun 03-Nov-13 20:05:11

Actually - my older sister is better looking than me - but we have different mums ( hers was the glamorous holiday fling ) .

Mia4 Sun 03-Nov-13 20:05:17

Hmmm now I'm wondering about twins - 1 is younger there but not by much...

AnyWetCuntweaselsInTheFuckerGr Sun 03-Nov-13 20:06:39

Actually - turkey - all the siblings I am thinking of IRL are women (since my friends are mainly women)... and most of the ( supposed) counter-examples have been men...

Hmm....

fanjofarrow Sun 03-Nov-13 20:07:05

Lies.

newfavouritething Sun 03-Nov-13 20:08:50

Can we add 'taller' to the list too?

SecretWitch Sun 03-Nov-13 20:11:25

My big brother is tall, gorgeous, bright and much kinder than I ever will be. My jealousy and admiration is endless.

As the oldest of ten I can say that my youngest sister is indeed prettyer than me but she is only eighteen and I am a haggered fourty two.. I don't have the brains in the family either

MrsGSR Sun 03-Nov-13 20:11:56

My younger sister is completely gorgeous, so I agree with you there, but I am taller and did better at school.

Studies have suggested that elder siblings tend to have higher IQs than subsequent siblings.

SecretWitch Sun 03-Nov-13 20:12:54

My older sisters are pretty, little but mean.

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 03-Nov-13 20:13:21

My little.sister is taller, prettier, better physique, better singer.

I have more common sense, am funnier and cleverer.

I dont think.it.is because she is younger - we are just a different bunch of cells.

TheBookofRuth Sun 03-Nov-13 20:14:12

DH is the eldest of two and got all the looks in his family - he is all tall, dark and handsome, while his younger sister is pudgy, pale and plain.

My mum has two younger brothers, and all of them are good-looking, and my cousins are both equally attractive. We are a genetically lucky family, though, you'd struggle to find a bad-looking member.

I'm an only child, so have no point of comparison.

harticus Sun 03-Nov-13 20:16:03

Noel and Liam Gallagher.
Liam may have the looks but Noel got all the talent and wit.

Hopefully Sun 03-Nov-13 20:17:30

My older sister is far far more beautiful than me, real classic beauty. And smarter. The cow grin

I'm more sociable though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now