To not understand why people use an ipad as a camera when out and about

(128 Posts)
Verycold Sun 03-Nov-13 12:26:56

Surely it's big, and very expensive, and doesnt even take great photos??

MadAsFish Mon 04-Nov-13 16:07:44

Emmeline are you choosing to be dense about this?
She chose to respond to the question:
Am I being unreasonable to not understand why people use an ipad as a camera when out and about?
by saying
I have an iPad, I have an iPhone. I will use whichever device pleases me. I really couldn't care less what anyone else uses.

This would suggest that when out and about she would use whichever device pleases her (and to hell with who it inconveniences - which had been well pointed out previously in the thread - see posts :
I recently went to a very busy museum where a woman spent ages photographing a very tiny exhibit with her ipad. No one else could see the exhibit (unless you looked at her screen). Everyone in the queue behind her was hmm.
one child spent the whole time taking pictures on an I Pad and blocking other people's views.
Mum with Ipad was in front of me at my dd's assembly filming it all. a) Who ACTUALLY watches back a 30 minute assembly ? b) MOVE IT YOU SELFISH ARSE - I CAN'T SEE A BLOODY THING!

I can't be arsed to go on, but I think you might, just now see that it's not just me.

notso Mon 04-Nov-13 16:25:01

Have done it, felt like a twat but have no smart phone and DH had the camera, I had the IPad mini as needed it for an online voucher. I don't think I blocked anyone's view as was only taking a picture of DS's on a fake elephant.
I think anyone taking pictures in a crowded place of interest with anything is a potential pain in the arse though. Am working with the PTA at school to ban it at concerts etc.

MrsBennetsEldest Mon 04-Nov-13 16:54:29

MadAs and Emmeline, please stop now. MadAs, I said I couldn't care less what anyone else USES and not what anyone else thinks. Emmeline, thank you, I think it's pointless to say anymore as our comments are falling on deaf ears.
It's not a topic worth getting worked up over though is it? My post was never intended in the light it seems to have been taken. It happens, can we just move on now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now