To think that Paul Hollywood..

(46 Posts)
skillsandtea Thu 31-Oct-13 08:06:20

..has only said that he regrets his affair because he has a tour to promote?

After reading this I googled his images.

He does love the mean and moody stare doesn't he grin

I know someone who met him recently and said he was a right twat.
I'm gutted, I so loved him.

fanjofarrow Thu 31-Oct-13 17:25:28

He's hideous, and is a repulsive knob-faced twat to boot.

skillsandtea Thu 31-Oct-13 17:03:41

Me too, Scarer. confused

grin @ Everlong. I think you're probably right!

TheHeadlessLadyofCannock Thu 31-Oct-13 16:14:13

It's all right, Scarer, we all forgive you I'm sure well, maybe grin

PS nice Halloween name!

everlong Thu 31-Oct-13 15:58:15

He does nothing for me.

He's one of those men that stare a little to long I bet.

ScarerStratton Thu 31-Oct-13 15:45:16

I used to fancy him.

Oh I am shamed sad

caramelwaffle Thu 31-Oct-13 14:27:53

grin Balloonslayer

I don't get the whole obsession with GBBO and Paul Hollywood creeps me out.

He wasn't on Vanessa, must have misheard her.

He's still a dick.

Callani Thu 31-Oct-13 14:18:24

He gives me the creeps - Gilderoy Lockhart is about right!

Sleepyhead33 Thu 31-Oct-13 13:13:27

Think that pretty much sums it up balloonslayer

Echocave Thu 31-Oct-13 12:45:43

Balloonslayer - spot on I think!!

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 31-Oct-13 12:40:11

And I can't help but wonderr whether this 'I want to sort it out' stuff is his attempt to paint himself in a better light. See how hard I tried but she couldn't forgive me the bitch?

Again, if he was genuine, he wouldn't be spilling his guts to the meejuh.

YouTheCat Thu 31-Oct-13 11:48:15

grin @ BalloonSlayer

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 11:46:27

Well said Ginocchio

BalloonSlayer Thu 31-Oct-13 11:43:54

I'd guess he thought that the international stardom that his fabulousness deserves had finally arrived, and he needed to dump his familiar boring British wife and get himself a racier, sleeker, more glamourous partner to match his glittering career. What was fitting for a career as a celebrity cook in Britain: stable marriage, hard grafter, good dad, family man, etc, just wouldn't cut if for a megastar cook/ celeb in the US.

Now the series has been cancelled, and the new relationship has petered out, he is back here, and oh yeah, the adulterous mid-life crisis fanny rat persona just doesn't cut it for the career as a celebrity cook in Britain . . . which is all he has got left.

He is thus trying desperately to get back into the boat named "Good Husband and Father" because he needs it to get back to the safe port of British Celebrity (twinned with National Treasure) but unfortunately the ship may have sailed.

He may be marooned forever on the Island of Elvis [fat years] Lookalikes.

He's coming on radio 2 with Vanessa after 12, her quick chat with KB beforehand talked about his regrets and how he's wanting to win her back, that's one of her topics today.

NameChange70 Thu 31-Oct-13 11:35:14

I genuinely believe he is sorry and regrets it. But I hope she doesn't go back to him.

harryhausen Thu 31-Oct-13 11:23:08

I just wanted to add that in the interview I heard on the radio, the interview wasn't about his 'affair' but the interviewer asked him about it and PH just started talking. It didn't seem like he'd set out to bang on about it etc. You could almost hear the glee in the voice of the interviewer as he realised he was getting a bit of a scoopgrin

I agree the only people who know the real truth is PH and his wife. I just thought he sounded quite genuine about what he was saying (shrug).

Scholes34 Thu 31-Oct-13 10:51:07

The only people who know the full story of their relationship are PH and his wife. Any interview will be edited. He's given interviews, his wife told her story in the Daily Mail.

LessMissAbs Thu 31-Oct-13 10:20:13

Easy enough to say he regrets it after the act.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 31-Oct-13 09:54:53

I've reported my post because it might cause upset to other mumsnetters who might consider it a glib and offhand comment -which it isn't.

ReindeerBollocks Thu 31-Oct-13 09:54:28

He was too quick to call time on his marriage because he found fame and 'love' in USA - until both the mistress and the tv companies told him to fuck off back home.

I used to think he was just a bit arrogant, now I think he's a full blown wankbadger. I hope his wife does whatever makes her happy, whether that be with or without PH.

deepfriedsage Thu 31-Oct-13 09:51:08

Let'sfacethemusic, he has traits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now