We were being unreasonable to look into the car??

(24 Posts)
cartheifmyarse Wed 30-Oct-13 12:26:40

We were walking through Sainsbury's car park this morning when I saw a car for sale. We are looking into getting a new car and this was one of the makes and models we are interested in. So we had a walk around the outside of the car and then peered through the windows to see what the inside was like, and to see the mileage. We then heard a shout and a man come running over saying move get away from the car and wearing at us. He accused us of trying to steal the car. When we tried to explain we were interested in the car, he refused to listen and said he'd phone the police. My DH told him to calm down and the bloke pushed him and then got his mobile and phoned the police. We were too stunned to know what to do so just stood there and waited for the police. Thankfully the police just listened to our version and seemed to agree that we had done nothing wrong, so let us go.

We were being unreasonable to look into the car??

WhoNickedMyName Wed 30-Oct-13 12:28:16

YANBU.

What an absolute fucking waste of police time. I'm surprised they even came out to be honest.

He's never going to sell that car, is he?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 30-Oct-13 12:29:39

That is utterly bizarre. Maybe someone had stuck the for sale notice on as a joke and he hasn't seen it?(clutching at straws)

Rosa Wed 30-Oct-13 12:29:55

So there was a sign saying for sale on it and you weren't allowed to look at it ... Plonker

eurochick Wed 30-Oct-13 12:30:15

What a twonk. And a complete waster of police time! How does he think he is going to sell the car if people can't look at it.

quoteunquote Wed 30-Oct-13 12:37:55

What a weirdo, I bet the police thought him a huge waste of time.

Ihavenopigs Wed 30-Oct-13 12:40:32

Is this a wind-up? I am amazed, frankly, that the police came.

Crowler Wed 30-Oct-13 12:44:43

What a knucklehead.

OhAntiChristFENTON Wed 30-Oct-13 12:49:13

The police came out for that, - and you hung about and waited for them to turn up? - Did crazed hero phone man make a citizen's arrest of you?

Unbelieveable.

Beccagain Wed 30-Oct-13 12:55:44

But I need to know...did you buy the car? thlgrin

ReluctantBeing Wed 30-Oct-13 13:13:40

Was it his car?

Fakebook Wed 30-Oct-13 13:19:50

How were you dressed? confused.

fanjofarrow Wed 30-Oct-13 13:53:43

Sounds very strange indeed! Car is being advertised for sale, you are looking at car in question. No need for any authorities to be called, unless you were bashing at the damn thing with a crowbar or some equally offensive weapon! grin

YesterdayI Wed 30-Oct-13 14:11:04

I am amazed that the police came. shock

The guy sounds like an idiot.

notanyanymore Wed 30-Oct-13 14:13:46

the police would have to come out really, especially if he was being a twonk on the phone too, you never know how these things might escalate.
was it his car though?!

wheretoyougonow Wed 30-Oct-13 14:16:29

I'd have been tempted to ask the police to caution him for assault as he pushed your husband. What a complete idiot and well done for standing your ground.
I hope the police charge him for wasting their time...

JustThisOnceOrTwiceOrThrice Wed 30-Oct-13 14:16:56

Wow! Did you tell the police that he pushed your dh?

What a complete dick! What did the police say to him?

JustThisOnceOrTwiceOrThrice Wed 30-Oct-13 14:18:22

Did you have a wire coathanger and pliers? (or whatever people use to steel cars)

Howsuper Wed 30-Oct-13 14:19:14

Oh give over

pigletmania Wed 30-Oct-13 14:35:01

Yanbu at all, the car has a blooming for sale sign on it, of course people want to take a peek. All he had to do was ask whether he could help you when he saw you looking in. With that attitude he will loose a lot of custom!

BrandiBroke Wed 30-Oct-13 14:40:38

You just stood there and waited for the police to come? Why?!

SpottyDottie Wed 30-Oct-13 14:44:56

BrandiBroke so you'd make a run for it would you, even though you'd done nothing wrong?

JustThisOnceOrTwiceOrThrice Wed 30-Oct-13 14:47:40

I would have waited as well. Just so i could show the police what a weirdo he was.

brettgirl2 Wed 30-Oct-13 16:48:07

hahaha that's just brilliant you couldn't make it up grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now