Public waxing

(39 Posts)
Boardingblues Tue 29-Oct-13 22:48:20

I just don't get how women can sit in the middle of a shopping centre and have their top lip waxed! Why would you do this? Why would you make a spectator sport of the removal of hair that you hope no one knows exists? It can't be price, because if that were the issue, then there are marvellous packs for sale in the chemist that are cheap and effective (or so I have been told thlhmm

LittleTulip Tue 29-Oct-13 23:52:45

Yep agree weird.

Lazysuzanne Wed 30-Oct-13 00:00:32

I feel embarrassed if I need to so much as adjust a hairgrip in public blush

Boardingblues Wed 30-Oct-13 00:02:41

For me it is on a par with public teeth flossing

Rollermum Wed 30-Oct-13 03:26:20

I agree - is weird. And off topic, but I was surprised how painful threading was! I have lowest pain threshold ever but it felt like she attacked my face with a rake. And then asked if I wanted my top lip doing - had never crossed my mind!

SteamWisher Wed 30-Oct-13 07:26:57

You can just about see them having their hair done - but they're not that visible as in right up against the window!

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 30-Oct-13 07:34:10

FFfffriffffin threading is frifffin agony!

Regularly have my eyebrows done in the middle of superdrug, couldn't give a toss, but would draw the line at <ahem> anything else!

BigBirthdayGloom Wed 30-Oct-13 07:44:10

Ha-I read it as pubic too and had visions of...well not good visions tbh! But when I was ten and came across the word pubic for the first time I read it wrong and wondered why o. Earth they called it public hair when it was the exact opposite!

southeastastra Wed 30-Oct-13 07:45:29

i saw a man having his eyebrows waxed at benefit the other day, not a good look

AmberLeaf Wed 30-Oct-13 07:48:57

I'm with Headsdownthumbsup.

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 30-Oct-13 07:56:27

I love the threading places in shopping centres - very convenient and I get intimidated by fluffy salons with discreet doorways. I'd rather just jump in the chair and be done with it.

It's just the redness afterwards,when you're browsing the shops...grin

Are we talking threading? I have never seen waxing.

I go to a brow bar in House of Fraser. People can look if they like. If they want to see someone caring about how they look enough to get their eyebrows threaded.

I don't find it painful at all. But yes, the bright red monobrow means you need to go in there just before going home. grin

Binkybix Wed 30-Oct-13 10:26:46

I've had eyebrows but not upper lip done. I would feel embarrassed by upper lip, and never thought about it, but I think hearts is right on reflection.

Crowler Wed 30-Oct-13 10:28:50

Catgirl, LOL. That was hilarious.

thebody Wed 30-Oct-13 10:50:34

bollocks thought this was pubic waxing!!

yes agree I wouldn't do it though went to hairdressers once and was sat right in the bloody window in curlers with a bus stop just outside. felt a right twat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now