To not care a jot about the panda?

(109 Posts)

Just been to visit them at the zoo. As I expected it's asleep. Sleeps 16 hours a day. The male one's ill so can't be on show. So we spend 10 minutes in a room with a video of it actually moving whilst it sleeps in a corner.

Maybe there's a reason it's only in season for 2 days a year? God's trying to tell us something surely? wink

One horned Rhinos on the other hand are the dog's bollocks. And if you hear one fart you're in for a treat. Fantastic!

gussiegrips Wed 30-Oct-13 09:44:01

I went into labour at the zoo.

Big queue for the zebra bus and I had the lunch in an enormous rucksack - DH had toddled the kids up to the zebras where we were to meet.

My moronic thought process was "the kids will be hungry. He'll worry. I'll be fine walking up"

Oddly enough, loudly mooing like a wildebeest didn't bring hoardes of helpful folk my way. They just assumed it was a wildebeest.

Morloth Wed 30-Oct-13 09:50:18

Bloody awful creatures.

I often go to sleep to this sound. Though thinking about it, it is amazing we haven't had hoards of randy female koalas trying to break in and get a DH when he is asleep. It is not unlike to godawful noise he makes when he is snoring.

Oh heck qussieqripps grin

They are extremely cute, and it's a rare animal that gets through my not-bothered-about-animals shell.

But they hate sex and 99% of their preferred diet is something that they can't digest. So what's the point?

RoxanneReidsChafingFishnets Wed 30-Oct-13 10:38:19

They hate sex and eat stuff that they can't deal with.. Do you think they see us humans walking past with food and just dream that they could eat it.

Lets go give them some ice cream and chips. grin

I prefer donkeys

GhostsInSnow Wed 30-Oct-13 10:39:25

sassytheFIRST I went to San Diego zoo years ago (early 90's must have been), the Panda's don't stick in my mind (not surprising if they were asleep) but they did have a kick ass huge Gorilla who, when he saw a camera come out would purposefully turn his back on you and stick up his fingers.

Funniest thing I ever did see and thats the only memory I carry of San Diego Zoo, being flipped off by a Gorilla. grin

grin JuiceOrtiz

Come on, someone had to... Kit Kat ad

poii10 Sat 16-Nov-13 20:01:04

Do you know why their are no fucking panda.s, because a panda wont fuck a panda, thats why their are no fucking pandas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now