To think Gordon Ramsey was way out of order?

(124 Posts)
Grennie Tue 29-Oct-13 13:14:58

"Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has been bragging about spying on his 15 year-old teenage daughter Megan while she was in her bedroom with her boyfriend, revising.

Obviously viewing it as a laddish joke, Ramsay explained to TV chat host Jonathan Ross that he got his son to put a hidden camera in her room – ostensibly to see if she was revising. “I’ve been a bit naughty over the last couple of weeks because I got Jack a little Go-Pro. One of those little secret cameras.

“So I said to him: ‘Look mate, here’s twenty quid, go and target your big sister’s room and put that camera right at the top left-hand side of the wardrobe.’ “So, Megan, I’d like to talk to you about your revising.” he said.

It’s indicative that the father of four enlisted his only son, who is 13, to take part in this jape – a boy’s joke, lads together, embarrassing their girl and her friend."

http://www.womensviewsonnews.org/2013/10/caring-or-a-control-freak/

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Tue 29-Oct-13 13:17:14

Meh.

What an enormous cock.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Tue 29-Oct-13 13:19:31

YANBU - there is something very wrong with a man who places a hidden camera in his teenage daughters bedroom.

festered Tue 29-Oct-13 13:33:44

YANBU.
At best It's a massive invasion of privacy, she's 15!To me that's an age where you're no longer a 'child' and are entitled to some privacy and respect.
And at worst, It's a bit sick :/ what if she...Ugh I don't want to even say what kind of things he may see her doing that are just wrong for him to seesad

Echocave Tue 29-Oct-13 13:44:36

He is a bit of an arse isn't he? And could frankly see something he wishes he hadn't. That might wipe the smile off his face but equally might mean he goes beserk at the boyfriend. Some joke. I can't see it ending well....

He was a massive twat before this revelation.

He's a tit isn't he, his daughter presumably knew all about his jolly jape before he spouted off on telly?

Dickhead!

TEErickOrTEEreat Tue 29-Oct-13 14:16:14

He really is a dick.

Crowler Tue 29-Oct-13 14:18:35

That's so gross. What a knob.

How could you trust your father if you knew he thought it was OK to spy on you with a hidden camera? It is a total betrayal, IMO, and if someone did it to me, I would never trust them again.

fluffyraggies Tue 29-Oct-13 14:22:40

God God. How would he like a hidden camera in his bedroom so that the kids could see 'what he was getting up to'? Bet he wouldn't see that as a joke angry

Disgraceful.

and a bit sick.

QueenStromba Tue 29-Oct-13 14:23:01

I'm sure fathers have been getting younger siblings to spy on their 15 year old daughters since time began.

cocoleBOO Tue 29-Oct-13 14:23:25

Knob.

UriGHOULer Tue 29-Oct-13 14:23:28

What a cunt. I hope he got footage of his daughter telling her boyfriend what a massive shitbag her father is.

Grennie Tue 29-Oct-13 14:35:26

Queen - Perhaps that is the case. Still doesn't make it right.

TheCrackFoxFucker Tue 29-Oct-13 14:40:42

Very creepy.

Not creepy.

Maybe you should view the JRoss show before posting second hand commentary. It wasn't quite as described. He still came across as stupid but more like a train of thought that got out of hand rather than deliberate nastiness.

shrieklesoda Tue 29-Oct-13 14:46:28

When I see Gordon Ramsey and his foul temper I just wonder what he's like behind closed doors. I know he'd probably say its all a tv persona and its exaggerated, but in real life most people are worse in private than in the public version of themselves that they portray to others. So if he's happy to portray himself as such an enormous arse publicly, I wonder how awful he must be to live with.

Grennie Tue 29-Oct-13 14:48:11

Why not creepy Minnie?

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Tue 29-Oct-13 14:48:37

It was a joke. I don't find it funny, but not worth getting worked up about.

natwebb79 Tue 29-Oct-13 14:51:30

I was going to say the same Minnie. I saw the show and it came across as a kind of 'Oof isn't it hard coping with your little girls being all grown up' joke. His daughter and boyfriend were in the audience. No idea what's been reported but sounds like it's been well over hyped.

tiktok Tue 29-Oct-13 14:52:23

Be sceptical. GroPro are among the sponsors of the ironman contest he took part in. Could be a commercial relationship on both sides. His 'joke' is not very funny but he may have found it worthwhile to crack it, with the mention of the product. hmm

Grennie Tue 29-Oct-13 14:53:12

I didn't realise it was a joke. But someone who thinks this is funny, does not have respectful attitudes towards his daughter.

fluffyraggies Tue 29-Oct-13 15:05:16

I'm relieved to hear it was a joke.

oldgrandmama Tue 29-Oct-13 15:05:37

Made me feel like throwing up when I read that. A joke? Really? For what it's worth, both Ross and Ramsey tempt me to throw a brick through my TV screen. Ugh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now