to think you should over food and drink at a kids party?

(78 Posts)
Daddypigsgusset Sun 27-Oct-13 22:21:52

I took ds to his friends party tonight. It was in a labour club thing. No party food provided and no drinks, not even for the kids. Had to buy from the bar and some parents had brought no money. Aibu to think that a few sandwiches and a carton of juice are a given at kids party? Twas very strange :-S

CombineBananaFister Mon 28-Oct-13 16:30:32

I agree that you shouldn't give to receive but I also don't think you should call something a party if it doesn't have the most basic things expected at a party i.e. refreshments.
Maybe word the invite differently, 'would you like to come and celebrate DDs birthday at labour club. There will be dancing and fun. Refreshments can be purchased from the bar'. At least that way you can plan your own childs food intake accordingly for before/after and come prepared with money.
Like I said, fair enough if they were skint the little girl should still be able to have a nice day. Plus I don't know anyone who wouldn't still take a gift based on the lack of free amazing hmm party food. It's just about being prepared.

pigletmania Mon 28-Oct-13 16:40:10

Yanbu pretty poor tbh. A kids party with no food or refreshments is unacceptable.

pigletmania Mon 28-Oct-13 16:43:25

It is not much to provide a few jugs of squash and a bit of icelandesque party food. The parents shoud have stipulated on the invites so parents or kids could bring money. Or have jugs of squash on the tables at the very least!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now