To hassle you until you...

(167 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 21:09:15

...sign this ?

I am going to keep posting about it on MN until you have ALL signed it.

Probation will run by SERCO or G4S if you don't get on board. Do you want that? Really? They can't even provide security for the Olympics! And they overcharged YOU tens of millions of pounds, by pretending dead prisoners were still on tag and collecting a fee for them. Or. Sometimes, they simply made the prisoners' names up and then collected a fee for them. That's just for starters.

If these clowns don't run it, some other unaccountable , faceless corporation will be in charge of the monitoring and rehabilitation of offenders. They will hold the safety of YOUR communities in their hands.

So. Sign it. It might even be too late. But we have to try. We simply cannot sit by and let a service which has evolved for over 100 years and is successful in reducing offending across the country be privatised and risk being run by profiteers.

AIBU to expect you to give a shit? Really, you HAVE to give a shit.

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:16:47
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:23:54

here

here

here

here

oh and let's not forget A4E as a bidder here

here

Not in order of importance or what is says, just a few of many many articles you will find if you google about privatising probation.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 27-Oct-13 23:25:22

will look at the links smile

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:29:31

And about SERCO and g4s

head of SERCO stands down

another SERCO boss is absent from his job

here

here

this is an important one

Oh there are soooo many stories about g4s and SERCO you need to google and wade through them.

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:31:43

A4E, which is a akin contender for bids, recently had something like 9 members of staff charged with fraud. I can't remember the details, will go and find a link. I can't believe I even forgot about those lot!

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:32:35
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:33:47
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:35:35
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:36:43

[[http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/Policy_and_Politics/article/1212641/ministry-justice-announces-bidding-competition-transforming-rehabilitation-programme/ this one from third sector website has lots of info on it]

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:37:06
HoneyDragon Sun 27-Oct-13 23:38:30

This is the same SERCO that are trying to chase my 10 year old don for money then. Oh yes so it is.

Signed.

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:39:37
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:41:15

a4e scandal they are major players in contract winning

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:42:55
PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:44:26
Tweasels Sun 27-Oct-13 23:46:30

This whole thing is fucking disgraceful. How anyone can possibly believe that services such as probation can be run privately is beyond me. These companies like Serco and G4S are Jack of all trades; master of none.

I know there is a lot of Tory/Daily Mail fuelled criticism of the public sector but this is absolutely not the answer. There is no "cheaper" alternative to qualified, experienced, staff who work with integrirty.

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:47:22

And just Google Olympics and G4S for the details of how, despite having years to prepare security for the Olympics, they bombed it so badly, the government had to draft in the army to help.

Surely SPs and fortydoors you didn't miss that?! If you did, time to read and learn about who runs what in the UK!

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sun 27-Oct-13 23:49:04

I missed it as I don't follow anything like that. I don't know anything about politics either or understand why been a tory seems to be a bad thing. I've seen threads on here slagging someone off and 'he/shes a raving tory' as been thrown in

PavlovtheCat Sun 27-Oct-13 23:50:32
MinesAPintOfBlood Sun 27-Oct-13 23:55:34

Placemarking so I can full the form in on my PC tomorrow (v long email address).

SP I'm not anti-Tory (some of my best friends are Tory...) but I think that the privatisation is just letting private companies cut corners and cream off profits. See utilities, olympics security, ATOS health checks...

IamChristmas Mon 28-Oct-13 00:00:46

YANBU, and well done for getting this thread going.
It really scares me how much the infrastructure of our public services is being dismantled and outsourced to profit making companies, and how there is relatively so little public outcry about it. The changes that are happening are not good! They will not lead to a happy place!

PavlovtheCat Mon 28-Oct-13 00:02:47

sp I have not in any way slagged off any Person who has either chosen to support the Conservative party, or who work for that party. I have entirely disagreed with the policies to sell off our country to the highest (or lowest?) bidders, in particular the privatisation of a service that will result in the risk of harm to our communities and the risk of all types of offending, increase tenfold, a hundred fold. It will be unmeasurable.

Although I did call Chris Grayling a puppet. Which he is. You can actually see his strings. So it's not a lie.

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Mon 28-Oct-13 00:05:13

I'm not accusing any one of it I'm just saying I have seen it and don't understand it. Think it was a Barlow thread. No idea who this Chris is.

PavlovtheCat Mon 28-Oct-13 00:10:23

But, if you read some of the news sp you have get the answer to why lots of people think it's bad to be a Tory.

Anyone heard any frank turner? He has done some great political songs from his Love, Ire and Song album. You should listen to it.

love! ire and song

photosynthesis

thatcher fucked the kids

PavlovtheCat Mon 28-Oct-13 00:13:53

spChris Grayling is The Lord Chancellor and Justice Minister. He recently attempted to 'reform' legal aid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now