to be sick of bloody twerking...

(60 Posts)
justmuddlingalongsomehow Sun 27-Oct-13 20:59:43

Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga.... have some pride for God's sake. You are successful and talented women. Prostituting yourselves for your art is not necessary. There was camel toe tonight. Before the watershed. with simulated shagging on a piano. sad

Why can't a successful woman be successful without having to perform virtually naked?

Oh, nononono, please no moral backlash, but maybe one of taste? Or dignity? Or a sense of 'a time and a place for everything'??

I thought the dancers in the first video linked to by Mandy were amazing, but still not what I want to see with my dinner iykwim (but then again I also struggle watching these double-jointed circus performers hmm)

SirChenjin Mon 28-Oct-13 20:15:04

Why no moral backlash? Surely taste, dignity and a sense of time and place play a part in morality? Quick google definition of morality is 'principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour' - that sounds like a pretty good place to start to me.

As for MC not imitating doggy style - really? I think she's pretty much going for that look - esp. as she seems to need to twerk against something/someone rather than going it alone (as it were, fnarr fnarr).

happydaze77 Mon 28-Oct-13 20:24:04

Agree with the op. I've moved across from a similar thread as I've been to 'get the fuck over myself', by those lovely AIBU ers. Here I am amongst friends!

SirChenjin Mon 28-Oct-13 20:30:21

Don't worry about it - the 'get the fuck over yourself' brigade (ditto 'get a life', 'you sound very entitled' 'you sound really precious, do you live a sheltered life' etc etc blah blah blah) can't help themselves on AIBU. It's like a bare lightbulb to moths grin

happydaze77 Mon 28-Oct-13 20:36:58

Very true SirChenjin

I don't disagree with that definition of 'morality' but fear that a 'moral' backlash wrt to performing arts might get hijacked by the 'moral majority' of which I am highly suspicious.

SirChenjin Tue 29-Oct-13 13:25:24

I'm not sure I class MC, Rihanna etc as the performing arts grin

Echocave Tue 29-Oct-13 13:53:06

I find it quite depressing that Gaga feels the need to go on a show like that in her pants. I'd rather she'd been in one of her hilarious costumes (disclaimer: I'm sure she's making interesting, valid artistic points but I just find them laugh out loud funny most of the time).
My dd has just turned 2. I do wonder what the hell pop stars be doing to get attention by the time she's a tween..!

Akifden Tue 29-Oct-13 14:02:42

Has anyone seen the O2 tracks advert that uses her video? That's in randomly and unexpectedly. It caught us at 9.30am surely that's really wrong . Also jumped from the other thread that's full of empowered women justifying it.

Pigsmummy Tue 29-Oct-13 14:05:51

I thought twerking was using Twitter for work. Ooops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now