Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be disgusted by Lady Gaga on the x factor tonight?

(150 Posts)
happydaze77 Sun 27-Oct-13 20:39:04

Do itv not realise that the clocks went back and it's only 8:30?! FFS Lady Gaga, put on some clothes!

happydaze77 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:16:07

Thanks Rowlers. Unfortunately that's what AIBU can be like. Fortunately I don't give a rat's ass have thick skin though smile

WaitMonkey Sun 27-Oct-13 22:16:46

I like her.

Spirulina Sun 27-Oct-13 22:30:13

So what if kids saw it? It won't kill them, it was nothing!

Life doesn't revolve around kids.

Grip anyone...? hmm

singaporefling Sun 27-Oct-13 23:12:32

Yes remus i've also been seduced by (too) many a yorkshire pudding blush

Goofymum Sun 27-Oct-13 23:48:47

I thought she looked great. I also think she is a great role model for girls - she sings what she wants, dances how she wants, wears what she wants and is anti-bullying of any kind. So what if her dancing was provocative, how does that mean she is portraying herself as a sex object ? That's like saying she was asking for it cos she wore a short skirt. Also, like others have said, I have seen far worse things on TV before 9pm.

CointreauVersial Sun 27-Oct-13 23:55:45

The DDs (10 and 12) were slightly incredulous at the performance.

DD1 said she had "gone all Miley Cyrus".

DD2 just said "she's a bit mad".

FreakinRexManningDay Mon 28-Oct-13 00:02:33

Kids see far more at the swimming pool.

I think she's a great singer who has been vilified in the media for putting on a bit of weight. The constant stream of stick thin singers,both male and female has become the norm.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 28-Oct-13 01:04:21

So she has form for wearing a dress made from meat, a PVC contraption,a sheer body stocking made from ...well stockings, a red basque, a green swimsuit with wings, a lampshade, many more PVC contraptions, some bubbles, a bit of lace, her knickers and nothing else,the contents of someone's chicken shed and a cage.
As well as nothing at all lots.

When you heard she was appearing on the xfactor why exactly did you expect her to be compleatly dressed

MyBaby1day Mon 28-Oct-13 06:40:26

YANBU, thought it was awful and inappropiate.

killpeppa Mon 28-Oct-13 07:32:20

in role model terms I think she is great in all she stands for (gay rights, anti bullying ect)
yes she's eccentric but you always know she'll put on a show. it's just dress up. I've worn worse Halloween costumes (before having kids) haha.

I can see where some may feel it's a tad offensive but I didn't & would be fine if my children were older to watch it with them.

Mumof3xx Mon 28-Oct-13 07:35:31

She's clearly off her rocker

lottieandmia Mon 28-Oct-13 13:14:45

I didn't like it at all - it was totally weird. And she looked like she'd been trying on underwear in M&S.

usuallyright Mon 28-Oct-13 13:30:25

Gaga is queen of the universe and can do no wrong. She is a million times better than any dull act to stand on the X factor stage.

LordPalmerston Mon 28-Oct-13 13:32:29

all i will add is that I cant remember when a man needed to go and cavort around in his underwear during Prime Time tv

mrsjay Mon 28-Oct-13 13:39:06

why did she hug sharon in her big pants ? I think she knew her outfit was unsexy she didnt mean for it to be sexy I think it was an arty pop at the likes of miley and Rhiana song is PANTS though grin

mignonnette Mon 28-Oct-13 13:43:43

Think I'll stick to my beloved Lou Reed who could give these young upstarts a few lessons on how to really shock without deliberately trying to.

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Mon 28-Oct-13 13:59:29

Dull. Not "sexy". Not "outrageous" . Just dull.

BirdyBedtime Mon 28-Oct-13 14:03:26

I kind of agree with the OP - not so much about what she was wearing (although I thought it looked very unflattering) but more the air humping and the lyrics of 'do what you want'. Most young girls are going to hear that and not understand the more subtle undertext, but will hear 'do what you want with my body' and associate that with 'it's ok for a man to do what he wants with my body'. That's not a good message (although there are lots of tracks out there with worse in I know).
I just thought the songs were a bit rubbish TBH compared to her best tracks.

lottieandmia Mon 28-Oct-13 14:12:28

She hugged Sharon because the two of them have had a long standing feud apparently. The judges had not been given a chance to comment in case a fight broke out.

And I don't think she is any better than any other act - we're supposed to think she's arty and refreshing but she's controlled by the same people as Miley Cyrus from what I can gather.

NicknameIncomplete Mon 28-Oct-13 14:29:53

I agree with Things - it was just dull. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over.

FunLovinBunster Mon 28-Oct-13 15:08:21

I don't watch X factor.
The whole premise is trash.
Giving instant fame to people with little or no talent.
Trashy judges.
Trashy guest acts.
Simon Cowell is just a manipulative orange twat.

mrsjay Mon 28-Oct-13 15:21:07

I dont think she is really arty or pioneering lottie i just think that is what she is trying to put out iyswim it is all contrived nonsense and as somebody else said JUst dull,

Mumsyblouse Mon 28-Oct-13 15:37:44

I thought getting the X-Factor gang to sing 'your sex takes me to paradise' was worse, tbh. And deeply unsexy.

BurlyShassey Mon 28-Oct-13 16:32:30

Op, Im with you. I don't watch shit factor but these people know what theyre in for when they invite the Gagaa/Rhiannas/Xtinas/prob miley one day -on these progs BEFORE the watershed.

Cliff Richard they aint.

btw- bikinis are for the beach or the pool, not on a prime time tv show.

now if it was an episode of Benidorm.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now