Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be disgusted by Lady Gaga on the x factor tonight?

(150 Posts)
happydaze77 Sun 27-Oct-13 20:39:04

Do itv not realise that the clocks went back and it's only 8:30?! FFS Lady Gaga, put on some clothes!

AlexaChelsea Sun 27-Oct-13 21:01:45

Lady G is a massive feminist, it's pretty bloody obvious that her songs aren't suggesting a man can 'do what they want with her body' in a sexual way.

Spirulina Sun 27-Oct-13 21:04:57

What's it being 8.30 got to do with it?

MrsWolowitz Sun 27-Oct-13 21:13:35

Lady G is a massive feminist, it's pretty bloody obvious that her songs aren't suggesting a man can 'do what they want with her body' in a sexual way.

No, she cannot be a feminist and write a song that features a male singing the lyrics:

"no invitations it’s a private party
do what I want, do what I want with your body
do what I want, do what I want with your body
yea we takin’ these haters and we roughin’ ‘em up
and we layin’ the club like we don’t give a fuck"

I would say that is very obvious that it is sexual.

Also, wearing a nude coloured swimsuit whilst humping the air on all fours does not lend itself to a being respectful towards women or being taken seriously for something other than a sex object.

happydaze77 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:16:09

Because it's before the 9pm watershed Spirulina

CoffeeTea103 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:17:26

Oh please do get over yourself! you should have changed the channel if you were so disgusted.

ReluctantBeing Sun 27-Oct-13 21:18:43

She is truly awful.

Bingdweller Sun 27-Oct-13 21:18:44

Looking forward to Gogglebox this week grin

MrsWolowitz Sun 27-Oct-13 21:19:31

Coffee Get over yourself. You could always change thread if you don't like this one.

fanjofarrow Sun 27-Oct-13 21:21:02

Gaga is gaga.

WorraLiberty England Sun 27-Oct-13 21:23:22

A couple of sea shells and a pair of granny pants

Nothing to get het up over whether it was before 9pm or after.

aturtlenamedmack Sun 27-Oct-13 21:24:02

ahh that explains it then - I was a bit puzzled.
I usually find her lyrics comparatively intelligent, so on first listen I was fairly shocked - it didn't seem like her style!

LOLisNOTaPunctuationMark Sun 27-Oct-13 21:25:07

Me too, Bing. grin

HandragsAndGladbags Sun 27-Oct-13 21:28:29

But isn't R Kelly the voice of the media on the track? If you read the full lyrics, I think the male voice is the media voice and she is still arguing saying

Sometimes I'm scared I suppose
If you ever let me go
I would fall apart
If you break my heart
So just take my body
And don't stop the party

is how she finishes the song.

Figgygal Sun 27-Oct-13 21:29:43

I love her but tonight was not her best.....ahem!!

How can u be offended by what she was wearing?

DumDum32 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:30:23

darn it I missed it but am glad as it doesn't sound like something I would have watched with family sitting around. would have been a tad blush with my mom n dad present. though must admit I would have switched channels as soon as her name was mentioned. can u tell I'm not a gaga fan grin

horcruxmanzini Sun 27-Oct-13 21:33:23

I only caught a brief glimpse but it all looked/sounded a bit 'Latvia, null points' to me.

AgadorSpartacus Sun 27-Oct-13 21:33:49

Well OP there you go. Chill the fuck out and get over yourself.

The delightfuls of AIBU have spoken.
No more to be said.

killpeppa Sun 27-Oct-13 21:34:49

it was a pair of spanx- keep your hair on.

I'd walk like that into town if I had that figure!

WorraLiberty England Sun 27-Oct-13 21:40:37

it was a pair of spanx- keep your hair on.

Well that's the beauty of Spanx

No need for a bikini wax at all grin

happydaze77 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:42:47

Not everyone on here has disagreed with me, but Ok, maybe I need to lighten up. I can be prudish Just didn't think it was appropriate when there's kids watching that's all.
Off to chill now wine

morethanpotatoprints Sun 27-Oct-13 21:45:45

So she wears daft stuff like meat dresses, not once expecting anybody to comment, lmao. Then, pretends to be upset because the media write about her, so she writes a crappy song about it to appeal to the less intelligent out there, who believe all this shite grin
Finally, she makes a lot of money out of these less than intelligent gullible people.
Can you tell I think its all bs, its the "emperors new clothes".

NicknameIncomplete Sun 27-Oct-13 21:55:06

I wish people would chill the fuck out. So what if children see a woman in her natural coloured normal everyday underwear.

landrover Sun 27-Oct-13 22:00:34

She did sing penis though! (just saying!!!!)

superstarheartbreaker Sun 27-Oct-13 22:07:47

Shes fabulous and has a great vouce. Totally bonkers though. I wasnt disgusted and tbh dd was in bed. I wouldn't have had kittens if shed seen it

Rowlers Sun 27-Oct-13 22:09:26

Telling the op to "chill the fuck out" is ill-mannered and rather juvenile.
Whether you are a "fan" or not, accept other people have their own, valid views. They might not match yours, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now