Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

That awful purple fucking dinosaur!

(24 Posts)

Barney has hit troubled times recently - don't kick him while he is down.

First there was this notorious incident caught on CCTV -

- which led to a spiralling dependency, the violence and, finally, the humiliating - and very public - arrest.

Since hitting rock bottom, however, there are suggestions that the giant purple fecker is back in general circulation - albeit with a new identity.

ElleBellySkellington Mon 28-Oct-13 09:50:03

Barney I can cope with. The kids on the programme however are precocious and irritating little shits.

SunshineMMum Mon 28-Oct-13 08:48:10

It must be early I misread the OP as horrible twerking dinosaur grin

plentyofsoap Sun 27-Oct-13 21:50:11

My mil gave me the dvd for my ds. It got lost in the house. Never found it again.

plentyofsoap Sun 27-Oct-13 21:50:07

My mil gave me the dvd for my ds. It got lost in the house. Never found it again.

Davinaaddict Sun 27-Oct-13 21:36:25

thlgrin <waves at fools>

Murder is your only option I'm afraid. And I love the reworked song from fanjofarrows sis thlgrin

cherrypez Sun 27-Oct-13 20:25:29

I adore Barney; dd1, now 17, would request which Barney video she wanted to watch by the colour t shirt Michael, one of Barney's friends, wore in it. ''Orange Michael'' was a particular favourite. Fond memories : ) It does look very dated these days though.

AlwaysChasingRainbows Sun 27-Oct-13 17:52:20

Fanjo grin I use to sing that to my Dsis when she was a toddler as she adored barney <evil grin>
I also jumped on one of her videos once after been subjected to it for far to long

Wibblypiglikesbananas Sun 27-Oct-13 17:50:00

Annoying annoying creature. And why is his friend called BJ? Of all the names that could have been used?!

AgentZigzag Sun 27-Oct-13 17:46:49

No way should she feel guilty, your sister's obviously a sinister violent genius fanjo grin

Tubemole1 Sun 27-Oct-13 17:45:01

Yanbu.

When dd was a tot we banned it too.

Its supremely annoying, overly politically correct, and I suspect Barney's political affiliations too.

We stuck with ITNG and Charlie and Lola.

GreenVelvet Sun 27-Oct-13 17:40:08

Agree, Barney was the only childrens TV banned in our house!!!!!!!!

fanjofarrow Sun 27-Oct-13 17:33:44

When my younger sis was a teen, she'd frequently burst into song, as follows:

I hate you, you hate me
Let's hang Barney from a tree
With a great big knife let's stab him in the head
Oh dear God. Now Barney's dead.

12 years on, all five of her daughters adore Barney, and she feels guilty as sin about her song from days of yore! grin

Bilpbip Sun 27-Oct-13 17:26:08

Nope not at all, luckily DS2 has not discovered netflix and Barny as I loath him.

Not keen on Waybaloo either

RedorBlack Sun 27-Oct-13 17:25:34

Wait you want to kill DP or Barney?

Although to be fair both answers are completely reasonable grin

foolserrand Sun 27-Oct-13 17:23:05

He's on Netflix. hmm So dp actively searched for it. There are some awesome films on he could have chosen, but no. I think he wants to hurt me.

I do like the idea of putting on something he doesn't enjoy. Is Magic Mike any good? That's on there. wink

AgentZigzag Sun 27-Oct-13 17:20:20

Barney makes me glad dinosaurs are extinct (amongst other reasons).

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sun 27-Oct-13 17:19:55

Oh I feel your pain. My brother loved barney and had the creepy teddy too. He is now 19 but I haven't forgotten Barney

DifferenceEngine Sun 27-Oct-13 17:19:55

I bloody hate barney

We took dd to butlins and she fixated on him

Creepy purple fucker

<shudders>

BeScarefulWhatYouWitchFor Sun 27-Oct-13 17:18:28

Is he still going. I remember my two loving him and they're 19 & 21.

LynetteScavo Sun 27-Oct-13 17:17:49

I love Barney.

He holds a very special place in my heart.

In the days before Cbeebies, shoving a Barney video on was the only thing that kept DS1 quiet, when he was 18 mo. For the first time in 18 months, I could leave him and go into another room without him screaming

YABU.

DH and I sometimes say to each other "Not too much water Sean!" Oh how we laugh.

DeckSwabber Sun 27-Oct-13 17:12:34

I loathe Barney, too.

Is there a programme your husband hates enough to plan some revenge?

thegreylady Sun 27-Oct-13 17:12:26

are you 'a happy familee'
don't you want a 'great big hug and a kiss from me to you' ???
[shakes head and wanders off sadly].

foolserrand Sun 27-Oct-13 17:09:52

'D'p has chucked it on for the dcs. I'm stuck on the sofa feeding dd2 and he's buggered off to clean the kitchen and make dinner.

I cannot stand Barney. I have an awful headache. I want to kill him.

Wibu to ltb?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now