To think Mr Tumbles is quite possibly the most annoying man ever?

(93 Posts)
InsomniaczK8 Sun 27-Oct-13 10:17:05

.... yet he seems to be on CBeebies constantly and plays countless characters all of them equally annoying and a little bit creepy. If I met him in real life I would have to fight the urge to give him a slap!

StinkyElfCheese Sun 27-Oct-13 11:07:29

he's doing panto near us this year ... kids are so excited smile

SomethingOnce Sun 27-Oct-13 11:10:56

I can't bear the stereotyping that Justin's characters rely on.

Children are very acute observers.

InsomniaczK8 Sun 27-Oct-13 11:14:27

Ok so it looks like I am being unreasonable. I will endeavour to watch Something Special with appreciation for the wonderful messaging and educational aspects of the program rather than focusing on my feelings towards Mr Tumble. Hopefully one day I will even grow to love him too! grin

Fakebook Sun 27-Oct-13 12:27:42

YABU! We love Mr Tumble in our house! My Dad loves him too. Gigglebiz is appealing to young and old, and is a really good introduction to comedy and understanding jokes and puns for young children IMO. Dd has learnt many a cheesey joke from Gigglebiz grin.

BruceWillisLovesMe Sun 27-Oct-13 12:28:38

I used to hate him too but grew to love him. Something Special is one of dd's favourite programmes so we watch every day (sometimes twice!). I live in fear of cbeebies stopping showing it!

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sun 27-Oct-13 12:28:42

He is Fab. Genuinely kind and gentle with the children on his Something Special show. Agree that he is really helping to bring disabilities into 'mainstream' normality for young children. I think he is doing a worthwhile job.

ElleBellySkellington Sun 27-Oct-13 12:48:18

I like Justin Fletcher.
I love Mr Tumble
I really love wink Lord Tumble

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 27-Oct-13 13:00:10

My 20 month old loves Mr Tumble. We get demands of Tumble Tumble Tumble in our house.

The most irritating man on cbeebies is Grandpa.

saulaboutme Sun 27-Oct-13 13:00:38

I think he's great. Have you heard about the child who spoke for the first time to him? Since then he has a place in my heart, I think his characters are funny.

Yabu.

ChilliJo Sun 27-Oct-13 13:00:59

YABVVVVVVVVVVU

<gavel>

NotYoMomma Sun 27-Oct-13 13:01:16

he is fab

neontetra Sun 27-Oct-13 13:09:57

I used to find him annoying but, like others, have grown to admire him, and I do think some of the sketches on Gigglebiz quite funny (it's like a clean Little Britain). Dd, 18 months, loves singing the theme tune : "nananana" etc. Dh doesnt understand our enchantment!
The person I find really annoying on cBeebies is Chris on Show Me Show Me. I find his comedy voices really grating. I quite like Poy, though.

Ham69 Sun 27-Oct-13 13:26:34

YANBU. Justin is THE most annoying man on TV. He speaks and sings through his nose and his characters seem to have very similar expressions. Thank God I don't have to suffer him at Panto for the third time running. He is originally from the area I live in but the theatre can 't afford him this year. My DC have never been bothered about him though do turn Gigglebiz up just to annoy me. My friend's husband was at Uni with him snd he used to strut around in tracksuit bottoms and jazz shoes. Barf.

neunundneunzigluftballons Sun 27-Oct-13 13:29:20

Clearly OP you are unfamiliar with Sportacus aka the most annoying man ever.

Astr0naut Sun 27-Oct-13 13:37:36

See, after seeing Mr Tumble on BBC breakfast once, where he said he'd love to do Hamlet one day, I imagine him secretly gritting his teeth every time he gets into one of his GIgglebiz characters.

I think he grows on you. 4 years of being bombarded by Justin's creations and I think he's sheer genius for small people.

Re: Mr Bloom.
I would.

Thewalkingdeadkr Sun 27-Oct-13 13:37:44

Gigglebiz is little Britain for toddlers.

I love Justin and so does my dd. she is partially deaf and signs so she gets very excited at seeing it on tv and joins in with the signs.
My niece filmed something special with him a few years ago and it's still shown on tv. Apparently he is as good with the kids between filming.

Astr0naut Sun 27-Oct-13 13:39:39

Yy to annoying grandpa. I wish his sister would trip on him when he's got his thinking cap on, therby squashing him flat, hitting her head and dying in the process and allowing only one more episode of grandpa: Grandpa in his coffin.

Ham69 Sun 27-Oct-13 13:39:47

Me too AstrOnaut grin

Ham69 Sun 27-Oct-13 13:43:00

About Mr Bloom that is smile

neontetra Sun 27-Oct-13 13:46:45

Yes, Grandpa is horrible. He puts huge responsibilty onto his grandson all the time, against grandson's will ("Not the shrinking cap, Grandpa!")

tolittletoolate Sun 27-Oct-13 13:47:33

I find him very annoying and you can't get away from the fact he is bloody everywhere on cbeebies. I reckon he must have incriminating photos of someone high up in the bbc wink
However from reading about him in other threads on this post if he is genuinely nice in real life then fair play to him

FeckOffCupofBatBlood Sun 27-Oct-13 13:50:31

Something special is fine, Justin's house is the most irritating thing ever, self indulgent vanity vehicle.

firawla Sun 27-Oct-13 13:51:49

I hate Granpa!

WhereIsMyHat Sun 27-Oct-13 13:52:28

I really like him. Cliff tumble is hilarious.

WhereIsMyHat Sun 27-Oct-13 13:55:42

Oh god, sportacus was awful and that blonde lady off tikabilla. I'm glad those two no longer show in normal waking hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now