To wish ITV was obliterated from history

(76 Posts)
MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 15:03:32

Ok yeah, I have RAGING pmt, but I fucking despise ITV. It's just run by cunts and watched by cunts. I'm sure it didn't use to be as bad as it is now? Daytime TV cunts, reality tv cunts. Cunt Factor. News at Cunt. As for the adverts...no win no fee, bingo, money shop, over 50s car insurance.

FUCK OF ITV!

I think we were the last people ever to get a video recorder. sad

Latara Sat 26-Oct-13 17:20:39

I like the X factor....

CiderBomb Sat 26-Oct-13 17:20:53

Broadchurch and Downton Abbey are on ITV so I can forgive them for that alone.

Everything else is shit though, especially anything hosted by Philip Schofield, a more arrogant cock I've yet to encounter.

ppeatfruit Sat 26-Oct-13 17:26:18

Oh do you remember the shorter fatter video tapes BMes or something? I can't remember what they were called but they came out before the bigger ones and the players went straight out of use. (This is aging me!),

Betamax?

Catmint Sat 26-Oct-13 17:29:58

Yes it was Sparkling, right down to being the last to get a VCR.
I also always had to have sensible shoes.
Now I am a grown up and my parents are retired, they buy stuff like there's no tomorrow, including impractical shoes for DD.

We are v similar Catmint. Dad is Mr gadget now with his HD telly and the full Sky package. shock

ppeatfruit Sat 26-Oct-13 17:39:39

Yes as catmint said Betamax. Snap with the sensible shoes. Mind you I do have lovely feet so they were right;though I didn't think so at the time of course .

I had really narrow feet so Clarks would bring out two (if I was lucky) of the most hideous pairs out. Usually lace up and clompy.

meekenough Sat 26-Oct-13 17:45:29

I agree to some extent, I think a lot of ITV programmes are vapid compared to other channels. It annoys me and makes me consider if its a larger symptom of the stereotype,
Yarksher' peepul' = not as clever as everyone else.(I am yorkshire it pisses me off)

However calendar news is a god send, BBC news on the North is a disgrace you'd think it was purely made up of York and Leeds, I am from Souf' Yarkshire' and recently in Rotherham there has been an inexplicable and horrific wave of crime, which has contained 2 serial rapists, 4 murders at least, 1 armed roberry, 1 police siege and yesterday 4 men drove into a bank and robbed it. Little or no reporting.
Calendar news does feature my neck of the woods so I would like that to stay or BBC get better.

GreenVelvet Sat 26-Oct-13 17:50:08

Malcolm Tucker's Mistress, you deserve a medal. If only you were a journalist, instead of Malcolm Tucker's mistress, you could spin out a decent article out of that one.

<slight problem though, I might lose Real Housewives (admittedly tedious repeats at the moment>.

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 19:58:22

I forgot about Broadchurch. It is acceptable, but only because David Tennant and Olyvia Coleman are in it! And it was much better in the 1980s than it is today, the kid's programmes were better than the shite they now put on their prime time tv!

Louis Walsh CUNT. Gary Barlow CUNT. Dermot O'Leary CUNT.

See, it's just pushed me into being verbally abusive about Gary Barlow now sad

Crowler Sat 26-Oct-13 19:59:43

Broadchurch was amazing, IMO. I love Olyvia Coleman. Thanks for teaching me to spell it properly (or improperly, as the case may be).

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 20:14:32

Oilyviv.

Mandy2003 Sat 26-Oct-13 20:46:58

I would guess that I might watch at most one ITV programme per week, so YANBU!

ariadneoliver Sat 26-Oct-13 21:14:24

YABU. There'd be no Poirot or Whitechapel.

Ifancyashandy Sat 26-Oct-13 21:26:10

I've worked for ITV. I don't think I'm a cunt.

<<backs away. Slowly>>

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 21:39:20

Pardon? You WHAT?

Figgygal Sat 26-Oct-13 21:40:56

Apart from x factor I can't think if a thing I've watched on itv for years and not bothered with it this year either.

Yanbu it's utter gutter shite

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 21:48:10

Figgygal, I want to love you, but you just said you ONLY watch X Twactor. How can we overcome this issue?

Ifancyashandy Sat 26-Oct-13 21:51:23

I'm slightly scared. Mainly because I've worked on a number of the genres / time slots / programmes you've mentioned.

But I've also helped raise millions for charity. Does that help?!

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 21:55:50

Did it help Jimmy Savile?!

ForalltheSaints Sat 26-Oct-13 22:17:42

If X factor and Britain's Got (little) talent was cancelled I'd be delighted. If Simon Cowell the man who pursued another man's wife never had anything to do with tv again I'd be even happier.

lemonforyourlime Sat 26-Oct-13 22:41:28

I do work for ITV.

So I am banning you. Stop watching it. In fact NEVER watch it again.

I know its tricky to understand but that remote thingy you have gives you the freedom to watch whatever you like.

We wont miss you !

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 22:58:30

Are you Louis Walsh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now