To wish ITV was obliterated from history

(76 Posts)
MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 15:03:32

Ok yeah, I have RAGING pmt, but I fucking despise ITV. It's just run by cunts and watched by cunts. I'm sure it didn't use to be as bad as it is now? Daytime TV cunts, reality tv cunts. Cunt Factor. News at Cunt. As for the adverts...no win no fee, bingo, money shop, over 50s car insurance.

FUCK OF ITV!

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 26-Oct-13 15:03:51

Oh hang on...Star Wars has just started....

Astarael Sat 26-Oct-13 16:13:42

You forgot adverts for over 50s life plans where you're pretty much guaranteed to pay in loads more than you'll ever get out but you get a Parker pen so it's all ok.

usualsuspect Sat 26-Oct-13 16:14:42

I watch itv, guess that makes me a cunt.

farrowandbawl Sat 26-Oct-13 16:21:07

grin

I know what you mean, but they do make up for it every now and again by having Star Wars on.

Highlight of my week for the next 4 weeks now.

ringaringarosy Sat 26-Oct-13 16:22:13

dh hates itv too,i grew up on itv,bbc was for posh people and southerners, according to my mum.

Bowlersarm Sat 26-Oct-13 16:22:19

Don't they have Downton? Enough said.

YABU.

Because Dinner Date. That is all.

(The rest is an utter turdfest though)

I forgive ITV - but only because of Poirot.
The rest of the time I watch other stuff on other channels.

thebody Sat 26-Oct-13 16:27:29

there's tons of shit on the Bbc too.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 26-Oct-13 16:27:54

Tricky one. YANBU for the reasons listed, but on the other hand, if obliterated from history, we would be without DangerMouse, Count Duckula and Kate Thornton would probably be ruining Strictly.

ParsingFright Sat 26-Oct-13 16:28:43

shock

Hands off Morse!

squoosh Sat 26-Oct-13 16:28:53

I think ITV have really upped their game recently, in the drama department at least. Broadchurch, The Bletchely Circle, Marchlands, Appropriate Adult etc.

tobiasfunke Sat 26-Oct-13 16:29:50

CITV is sooooo much better than CBBC. It has The Aquabats fgs.

LOLisNOTaPunctuationMark Sat 26-Oct-13 16:29:53

Oh hang on...Star Wars has just started....

Hahahahahaha! Star Wars makes everything okay. Always.

TV is shit in general at the moment.

BBC1 are showing bloody Hyacinth Bucket in the afternoons. I had forgotten how awful it was. BBC2 are showing Cagney and Lacey and Allo Allo. confused

As a child we weren't allowed ITV and especially not Tiswas.

TV is shit in general at the moment
You're watching the wrong TV. My planner is crammed full of wonderful stuff; True Blood, Homeland, Walking Dead, Elementary, Chicago Fire, x factor The Newsroom, Haven...

squoosh Sat 26-Oct-13 16:45:28

American TV especially is going though a bit of a golden age.

thebody Sat 26-Oct-13 16:59:11

oh Sparkling!! why not? meanies wanting better for their children.grin

mine let me watch utter shite all day!

thebody DH got his pocket money on a Saturday morning and was allowed to go and but sweets and comics, then back home to watch Tiswas. shock

I had to watch Noel Tidybeard and poshpaws. sad Or 'go out and get some fresh air'.

*buy

Crowler Sat 26-Oct-13 17:07:01

Hang on. Wasn't Broadchurch on ITV...?

Catmint Sat 26-Oct-13 17:12:26

Are you me, Sparklingbrook?

Waves at itsokitsjustmydeath>

Was it the same for you Catmint? sad

ppeatfruit Sat 26-Oct-13 17:16:44

Sparkling My parents didn't even get an effin' TV till the late 60s deliberately too. I hated them for it we just felt soo left out at school sad Yet bizzarrely it turned out nearly the whole family earns it's crust from <whisper> ITV; there's a lot of good on it. TG for the remote so I can silence the adverts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now