Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think Charles Saatchi really isn't helping himself?

(67 Posts)
SeaSickSal Sat 26-Oct-13 14:25:17

He thinks he has some sort of explanation for knocking Nigella about and has sent her a legal letter threatening to reveal them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477233/Saatchi-legal-threat-tell-Nigella-really-broke-up.html

Apparently when they got together she gave him 'certain assurances' which she failed to keep and he reckons that it justifies his behaviour.

There's no excuse is there? And given that he works in PR doesn't he realize this is all making his PR skills look a bit, er, shit.

theywillgrowup Sat 26-Oct-13 15:09:15

id love to know what these assurances are though

and i think if he did say he would make himself even more unpopular

bring them on i say

Meglet Sat 26-Oct-13 15:09:24

It never fails to amaze me how stinkingly wealthy people can be surrounded by 'yes men', can't anyone stop him making such an arse of himself? Saatchi's lawyers must be pissing themselves behind his back while they take his money. It's all very odd.

squoosh Sat 26-Oct-13 15:11:36

He was pictured on a date with another woman in that same restaurant, hopefully Trinny has wised up. Who are these people who are so impressed by money and power that they are happy to overlook a smidgen of public choking? hmm

FreudiansSlipper Sat 26-Oct-13 15:25:15

Typical behaviour from an abusive person to blame the person they abused for making them act the way they did

Poor Nigella as much as I like to see him damage his reputation more he is still hurting her and knows this horrible vile man

TheCrackFoxFucker Sat 26-Oct-13 15:30:25

He sounds like a borderline psychopath.

ImperialFucker Sat 26-Oct-13 15:34:38

He said at the time of the assault that at the start of their relationship she had promised him that he and she would jointly make decisions regarding her children.

The argument in the restaurant was over her son and (I think) which university he would be going to.

They disagreed.

Now it seems he's saying the reason for the fight was because of this.

He's an arse.

Nancy66 Sat 26-Oct-13 15:35:48

Google: Richard Hillgrove

Varya Sat 26-Oct-13 15:37:44

Could not give a * about CS; not a nice person IMO.

mignonnette Sat 26-Oct-13 15:39:43

BOYCOTT THE SAATCHI ART GALLERY

AmIthatHot Sat 26-Oct-13 15:43:23

I really wonder how many people actually care about his "revelations". What an inflated opinion of himself he has

squoosh Sat 26-Oct-13 15:45:24

I googled Richard Hillgrove, find that all to be highly improbable.

2rebecca Sat 26-Oct-13 15:45:38

I thought he had burnt it down for isurance reasons

Lweji Sat 26-Oct-13 15:50:22

Assurances such as for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, until death do us part?

northlight Sat 26-Oct-13 15:51:27

Nancy66 Richard Hillgrove looks and sounds like an absolute prat.

2rebecca Sat 26-Oct-13 15:51:49

Are only in certain Christian ceremonies. I hate it when some people assume everyone chooses to make the same vows they made. This is the 21st century.

Lweji Sat 26-Oct-13 15:54:02

Of course no argument would justify his behaviour.

And I'm sure the "children" are virtually adults now. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to determine which university should be chosen and Nigella wanted to let her son decide.

FIFIBEBE Sat 26-Oct-13 15:54:58

Last Saturday I was in a restaurant on Sloane Square where Trinny Woodall and Charles Saatchi were having lunch, they were sitting at right angles to each other and he was looking out into the restaurant all the time. He paid her very little attention and it just looked so odd to see 2 people sitting together whilst one of them paid more attention to his wine glass.

EBearhug Sat 26-Oct-13 15:55:18

The argument in the restaurant was over her son and (I think) which university he would be going to.
Shouldn't that be down to her son, as he is presumably 18 or over?

But whatever it was about, there's no excuse for violence.

2rebecca Sat 26-Oct-13 16:00:13

My son is 16 and choosing his universities. There is no way any parent is telling him where he goes in his eyes, and definitely not a step parent.

SatinSandals Sat 26-Oct-13 16:29:17

I think that he is narcissistic. I haven't got any time for someone who throws parties and refuses to attend himself, it is plain rude.

SatinSandals Sat 26-Oct-13 16:30:35

If it was which university there is only one person to decide, the person going.

ilovesooty Sat 26-Oct-13 16:39:40

There are no excuses for what he did.

mrsmillsfanclub Sat 26-Oct-13 17:33:40

This is classic narcisstic behaviour. That nigella has 'dared' to move on graciously with her life, rather than begging the arsehole to take her back must have him seething.
He truly won't be able to understand how she could function without him. He won't rest until he finds some other poor woman who will idolise him (until she wishes up and sees him for the abusive bully he is).

GreenVelvet Sat 26-Oct-13 17:53:26

Gawping at and judging Saatchi's and Lawson's private life is just hmm to me...

Trigglesx Sat 26-Oct-13 18:35:58

I think she is clever to maintain a dignified silence. The more he goes on, the worse he looks. I think it's very telling that not only doesn't he understand that it doesn't matter what she might have done, his behaviour was appalling, and that nobody on his "team" seems to have the balls to tell him this. (or if they have, they haven't gotten their point across to him obviously)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now