Or is DH re yoghurts?

(34 Posts)
CrohnicallyTired Sat 26-Oct-13 13:09:26

I bought some of those own brand crunch corner yoghurts, you know the ones, with cornflake things in a separate part to the yoghurt.

DH eats his by tipping the cornflakes into the yoghurt and mixing them in first.

I eat mine by putting a few cornflakes on my spoon, then adding yogurt. I maintain that mixing the cornflakes in first means they will be soggy by the time you get to the end. Besides, if the cornflakes were meant to be in with the yoghurt, the manufacturer would put them in there, rather than in a separate part.

Who is BU?

busylizzie76 Sat 26-Oct-13 13:10:32

Neither of you....do whatever you want...personal preference!

GogoGobo Sat 26-Oct-13 13:10:37

The yogurt manufacturer for creating these sorts of problems smile

NandH Sat 26-Oct-13 13:10:37

You are, imo grin

NandH Sat 26-Oct-13 13:10:57

You are, imo grin

CircassianLeyla Sat 26-Oct-13 13:11:17

Haha. I think YABU, definitely mix in first. That is why they have the tip mechanism.

LeaveTheBastid Sat 26-Oct-13 13:11:34

You wink

FreakinRexManningDay Sat 26-Oct-13 13:12:07

LTB and his soggy yoghurty cornflakes.

CrohnicallyTired Sat 26-Oct-13 13:15:23

Leyla- these yoghurts don't tip! He had to spoon his cornflakes in! Which is what started the debate in the first place.

They don't tip because they're the cheaper generic brand and that's one of the ways they cut corners (ha!) on costs.

We tip. You don't. Both ways are valid although you are blatantly wrong smile

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sat 26-Oct-13 13:18:54

No tipping here. That is for feral people grin

I always used to hate the way that on the cherry etc yoghurts they'd show a perfect pile of cherry stuff right in the middle of the yoghurt....but when you tipped it that NEVER happened....it was just a splodgy mess!

But yeah....you gotta tip really grin

Finest Sat 26-Oct-13 13:35:34

I like keeping all food separate because then I can make sure I have a bit of everything in every mouthful. But dP is definitely a Tipper. It makes me feel weird. He folds his curry into his rice, swirls his mince into the spaghetti. It's weird and chaotic.

Should I ltb?

TidyDancer Sat 26-Oct-13 16:36:57

YABU. Sorry, DH is right! thlgrin

You're both wrong

Yoghurt, unless creamy Greek honey ones, is shit

ENormaSnob Sat 26-Oct-13 16:42:58

Im a tipper grin

GhostsInSnow Sat 26-Oct-13 16:44:22

You are both unreasonable! Yoghurt shudder horrible stuff

pinkstinks Sat 26-Oct-13 16:45:32

Yabu. You need to eat 3/4 of the yoghurt and then tip, for a higher chocolate/fruit to yoghurt ratio smile

You are both wrong.

You do a partial tip but not mix it in. You scope up a mix of yoghurt and corner stuff (cornflakes are not my own preference) and then tip more in when the corner stuff has been sufficiently depleted. I thought everybody knew that! confused

Putting cornflakes on the spoon first and then scoping yoghurt is just wrong. The cornflakes fall head first into the yoghurt surely

If you mix in the corner all at once the taste is diluted and it is dull, dull, dull.

You are both v strange.

FourEyesGhoul Sat 26-Oct-13 16:51:43

YABU.

sapfu Sat 26-Oct-13 16:53:47

Neither of you is unreasonable, but you are both mad.

Those yoghurts are disgusting.

fizzyface Sat 26-Oct-13 16:55:08

I'm a dipper, DP and DS are both tippers and do not appreciate the joy of non-soggy cornflakes - their loss imo!

Catsize Sat 26-Oct-13 18:18:54

We have this issue in our marriage too.

AChristmassyJerseySpud Sat 26-Oct-13 18:20:22

YABU for sure. Mix it in grin

NotYoMomma Sat 26-Oct-13 18:24:58

I did chuckle at 'cutting corners' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now