To be pissed off DH's work asking for my Mat B1?

(78 Posts)
QueenArseClangers Fri 25-Oct-13 14:10:38

DH is sorting out his paternity leave for this Jan when our baby arrives. His work have asked for MY mat b1 form. In the government/hmrc websites it states that this is not required and only filling in a self-certification form is needed.
What pisses me off is a) the mat b1 form is my personal document b) his work won't have data protection to deal with said document in confidence and c) the info is out there for employers to know that they don't need MY form.
Guess it's also just the principle of the the thing too. Got me in a right hormonal pregnant nark, aibu?

JustAnotherFucker Wed 30-Oct-13 10:42:11

They don't have a right to ask for it but they do legally have to have a completed SC3/4/5 or employers own equivalent form in order to legally pay the SPP.

I imagine they consider the MatB1 as 'their own version'

But I wouldn't be getting upset at data protection etc as matB1 has less personal info than the required SC forms anyway.

Summerblaze only 92% of SPP in larger organisations is reclaimable and these same organisations will also have audit procedures so proof may be required for that reason alone.

Smaller employers can claim 103% of the cost but the burden of proof is on the employer in the case of a payroll enquiry.

thebody Wed 30-Oct-13 10:46:50

what's the big deal though? it's just a form stating you are pregnant. not really confidential. I would just send a copy and forget it.

AnitaManeater Wed 30-Oct-13 10:50:28

I refused to give DPs work a copy of my MATB1. Partly because I I knew they had no right to see it (I work in a related job) and two, because I had already given the original to my HR dept.

I fired off an email to DPs HR with links to the relevant legislation and they have now changed their policy on the evidence required smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now