To actually love Russell Brand after his performance on Newsnight tonight..?

(198 Posts)
Scarletohello Wed 23-Oct-13 23:24:49

My God I only caught it by chance and I literally couldn't believe what he was saying to Paxman. He was calling for a revolution in society, for wealth to be distributed and he was so articulate and passionate about it. NO ONE is saying this stuff although there is so much anger in British society about how inequitable society has become but everyone has become so demoralised about it ( or blaming immigrants, asylum seekers etc)

I hope you guys get a chance to see it and tell me what you think of it, I am in shock right now.

( also pissed off about AF being banned too...)

TheFabulousFuckingIdiotFucker Wed 23-Oct-13 23:26:10

Hope someone posts a link, I missed it.

witsalmader Wed 23-Oct-13 23:26:22

I'd be more inclined to anything he has to say if I didn't have the impression that he's a woman hater.

gordyslovesheep Wed 23-Oct-13 23:29:46

oh I came to say something similar to Witsalamader - I have seen him talk over women and belittle them during debates - he is also saying things lots of people are saying - he's not alone and he may be clever but he's also quiet misogynistic

PresidentServalan Wed 23-Oct-13 23:33:47

The guy is a bellend! And do people really agree about redistribution of wealth? He sits there on his pile of money and lectures the world on how they should behave. Tosser.

FreudiansSlipper Wed 23-Oct-13 23:34:14

i am starting to think he is one of those men that love women but hate women to have too much power

he may want wealth shared a more equal society but he also wants women to be sexual objects and little else sad

IHaveA Wed 23-Oct-13 23:36:57

I thought he came across as a complete idiot! I hadn't realised that he was quite that thick. It was like listening to a 13 year old trying to sound cool and rebellious.

I love how he wants to tax all the evil 'companies' Funny that he didn't mention taxing wealthy individuals . hmm

Apparently society is to blame for his problems with drugs too confused

He is a prat of the highest order.

LOLisNOTaPunctuationMark Wed 23-Oct-13 23:38:55

Oh i love him dearly. Saw him perform in Edinburgh a week ago and almost threw myself at him.

He is so intelligent and kind-hearted, but is often mocked and not taken seriously because he happens to have a sense of humour.

Kyrptonite Wed 23-Oct-13 23:41:09

I love him. I would do bad things to him.

PresidentServalan Wed 23-Oct-13 23:41:38

IHaveA You hit the nail on the head with your comment about the rebellious 13 year old - you articulated far better than I did!

Caitlin17 Thu 24-Oct-13 00:42:38

I didn't see it but have read articles by him in The Guardian where he comes across as much more likeable and sensible than I would have expected.

His piece about Mrs Thatcher after her death was possibly the best I read on the subject.

LUKYMUM Thu 24-Oct-13 00:54:12

Ihavea how do you know he doesn't contribute a lot of his wealth? If you don't like him fair enough, but he was very articulate. Personally I dislike how he talks about women but all the points he made tonight were clear and relatively accurate. Not sure revolution will happen though.

D0G Thu 24-Oct-13 00:56:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

caroldecker Thu 24-Oct-13 00:57:48

Unless he gives away enough money to live on the median wage, then he does not believe what he is saying. If he genuinely believes in redistribution, he should give away all but the median wage (around £26,000). When he, or anyone else who spouts this crap, does that, I will believe their conviction.

CrispyHedgehogFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 00:59:46
D0G Thu 24-Oct-13 01:00:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bsc Thu 24-Oct-13 01:04:09

And how much of HIS wealth has he redistributed? hmm

bsc Thu 24-Oct-13 01:04:41

Or what caroldecker said! smile

Lazysuzanne Thu 24-Oct-13 01:23:29

sounds a bit 'naive A level sociology student' to me hmm

HogFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 01:32:41

Paxman looks like a gnome with a beard sad

extracrunchy Thu 24-Oct-13 01:36:22

He's funny and the combination of his and "Jeremy darling" was weirdly compelling but

1. Not voting changes nothing
2. His attitude to women is undeniably destructive
3. I bet he doesn't live on an average wage

Still would though...

extracrunchy Thu 24-Oct-13 01:37:13

Also Paxman's beard - why?!?!???!?

Chakkarollo Thu 24-Oct-13 01:47:05

He was very good on question time a while back

rootypig Thu 24-Oct-13 04:15:09

I thought he was fucking brilliant and made Jeremy look like a massive hypocrite. Which he is.

bsc he is known for giving wads of cash to beggars

HogFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 09:50:47

Paxman looks old. Still would though grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now