To be pissed off with school attendance awards.

(127 Posts)
FortyDoorsToNowhere Wed 23-Oct-13 21:45:14

I hate it, a child can't help getting ill or can not get to school on time as it down to the adult taking them.
then there are children who have appointments, such as SALTS or paediatrician which are often difficult to rearrange.

What pisses me off is that my son has many appointments, so he will never get 100% attendance and never gets these awards.

aibu to think attendance awards should be banned in school.

treesntrees Fri 25-Oct-13 20:58:13

At my eldest three children's primary school there was an annual prize giving where every child got a prize. As well as the usual best at maths etc there were prizes for things like always being cheerful, holding the door open for a teacher, being kind etc. You get the picture. It was such a pleasure to see the look of pride on each child's face as they went up for their prize. Admittedly it was a very small school but in a large school it could surely be done by having prize giving for different sections at a time.

Misspixietrix Fri 25-Oct-13 22:32:13

YNBU!! Our School has just changed its policy to weekly awards instead of monthly. The kids with the 100% are likely to be the ones that come in half dead and spread the Lurgy around attendance IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now