Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not think it's ok for adults to wee in the garden?

(96 Posts)
Weeweegate Tue 22-Oct-13 21:19:21

My father in law wees in my garden as does his brother, when they visit.

We don't have a downstairs toilet, just an upstairs one. It is not done when the toilet is occupied, they literally just go out the front door and wee rather than go upstairs. They're older (in their 70s) but not incapable of climbing the stairs by any means. They are from overseas and say this is common and acceptable behaviour in their country and nobody bats an eyelid about weeing in the garden. The uncle in law at least goes out the door and to one side (lucky neighbours) but FIL literally stands in the porch and pisses out.

I have made it abundantly clear that I find it absolutely unacceptable and disgusting, but they still do it, and think I'm uptight.

You need a giant water gun - squirt him each and every time until he learns the proper place to wee.

Weeweegate Tue 22-Oct-13 22:14:16

Also, I have young sons that I have now had to expressly tell not to do this. One of my little boys in particular is now desperate to do a wee in the garden like his grandfather and I have actually had him wailing and crying all the way up to the loo because I won't let him go outside and piss in the garden. I have also mentioned this aspect to the inlaws, who again just think I'm boring and repressed and should just let the poor boys wee in the garden.

If we were out on a walk and they needed to wee and we were away from the house I would allow wees behind a tree (of course) or if there was someone in our bath (one bathroom) and they were desperate, I'd send them out to the (BACK!) garden to go behind a bush - but to actually just wee in the front garden like it's a toilet is fucking rank.

ChocolateBiscuitCake Tue 22-Oct-13 22:17:31

Weeweegate - I have tears rolling down my cheeks...

And have just imagined my FIL in your description - I am particularly amused at the idea of him running naked like a toddler...

I shall never look at him in the same way again!

WorraLiberty Tue 22-Oct-13 22:18:10

My DS3 used to pee in a bush in the garden when he was 2 or 3 years old, if he was using the paddling pool. I didn't mind because it saved him dripping his wet shorts through the house and up the stairs.

One day I noticed him pulling on a twig after he'd finished. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I'm flushing" grin

ChocolateBiscuitCake Tue 22-Oct-13 22:19:41

grin - at least yours flush!!!

Boardingblues Tue 22-Oct-13 22:29:08

We have a large garden and have had a mole problem. One of our more experienced neighbours told us that weeing on the molehills would help stop the problem. My DH and DS started weeing on the blasted mounds and it worked. I also encourage them to pee on the compost. However, if ANYONE opened my front door and peed out there, I would hang them up by their todger and would give them a good shake to make sure they understood the error of their ways!

Ericaequites Tue 22-Oct-13 22:31:59

If your husband pees in the garden, it will be impossible to stop your young sons. My mother went through this with my father and brother. Both still take leaks behind the garage at 78 and 52.

Mintyy Tue 22-Oct-13 22:32:21

I simply do not believe this.

What country are you in op and in what country do they say it is common and acceptable behaviour?

HeadsDownThumbsUp Tue 22-Oct-13 22:32:46

Isn't it great for the plants?

VerySmallSqueak Tue 22-Oct-13 22:35:03

I'm not talking about my FIL scampering around naked in the garden like a toddler

grin grin

squirt him each and every time until he learns the proper place to wee

more grin grin

UncleT Tue 22-Oct-13 22:36:31

Totally unacceptable conduct, particularly when we're not even talking about going behind a bush at the bottom of a very large garden (which would be silly enough when there's a perfectly decent toilet to be used). YANBU.

moondog Tue 22-Oct-13 22:36:46

I'd brazen it out by doing the same in their house.
Stand up, stretch nonchalantly, announce 'Just off for a piss' then take your knickers down in the middle of their lawn.
See how they like it.

Funny how it's ok for blokes to do this eh but people would consider a woman deranged if she did.

LittleBairn Tue 22-Oct-13 22:38:45

WTF that is soooo not OK! I couldn't care less their cultural background when visiting my home the bathroom is for urinating in not my garden.

TwoLeftSocks Tue 22-Oct-13 22:40:34

Can you just lock the front door on them next time either of them do it?

LittleBairn Tue 22-Oct-13 22:41:01

It might be worth also mentioning indecent exposure to them, if they are doing this at the front of your house.

Weeweegate Tue 22-Oct-13 22:41:50

Mintyy Oh how I wish I was making this up!

I am in Britain and don't want to say where my inlaws are from as I fear it will out me - I have been quite vocal about this to them and everyone on their side of the family!

My husband is from the same country and does not do this (although does not really back me on it as he says that it is more commonly done there). He has told them it annoys me - as I have told them myself many times. Funnily enough, none of his friends from this country do the same - just these older guys.

I think it bugs me on two levels: 1) The fear that my garden will smell like piss and 2) The fact that they do it despite knowing I do not find it acceptable and despite the fact that it is unnecessary as we have a TOILET IN OUR FUCKING HOUSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Tanith Tue 22-Oct-13 22:43:00

I have just suggested to DH that he pops out every night and wees round our boundary to keep the cats out of our sandpit and the foxes away from our rabbits.

He has told me where to go and what to do sad

Oh well - back to the sensory bleeper thingy that scares me witless when I hang the washing out smile

SomethingOnce Tue 22-Oct-13 22:43:20

We need to know which country!

And wrt compost heaps, one uses a receptacle (in private) and discretely pours.

SomethingOnce Tue 22-Oct-13 22:45:28

I don't think naming the country will out you any more than the thread already has.

ShriekingGnawer Tue 22-Oct-13 22:46:51

Rub his nose in it.

LittleBairn Tue 22-Oct-13 22:47:00

If I were you I would wait till he was on the door step cock out mid piss then I would kick the door firmly on his arse locking him out.
You have told him it offends you yet he's quite happy to continue to disrespect you in your own home, you need to take action to get your point across.

fuzzpig Tue 22-Oct-13 22:47:38

Gross

moondog Tue 22-Oct-13 22:48:18

Easter Europe?
Western Europe?

I can't see Asian or Arab guys doing this. (May be wrong.)
Blokes on the sub continent wee when squatting which is rather curious.
A lot of Arabs kneel in the sand to do it (truly)

VerySmallSqueak Tue 22-Oct-13 22:51:13

grin at Shrieking

Floggingmolly Tue 22-Oct-13 22:53:34

He stands in the front door pissing outwards like a dog shock
I don't believe for a moment that that's his original country's custom...
He's a filthy fucker, your neighbours must think they're living through an episode of Shameless.
How could you not say anything???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now