to have a little Morten moment

(100 Posts)
Rhubarbgarden Tue 22-Oct-13 20:00:50

Kids put to bed, kitchen tidied, laundry sorted, I sat down on the sofa with a nice cuppa to watch Bake Off, and thought to myself "Ooh, I know what I fancy, a little bit of Morten". Maybe it was someone talking about macaroons, I don't know. Anyway it was too easy to fire up YouTube and do a quick search, and there was the Stay on These Roads video.

Oh my eyes, he was lovely.

I've not so much as thought about Mr Harket for years. I'm pushing 40, with two kids, and dh will be home any minute. It is not reasonable behaviour, is it?

Lizzylou Wed 23-Oct-13 19:48:53

Lebear, I had the third one as a poster.
I actually think Pal has aged well. Looks better now.

Lizzylou Wed 23-Oct-13 19:47:23

I know! Fuelled many a preteen saucy dream that one. He is just so beautiful.
I think ideally I would gaze adoringly at Morten and do unspeakable rudeness with Mags.

Rhubarbgarden Wed 23-Oct-13 19:30:38

Oh my god! That swimming pool photo! <faints>

DontMentionThePrunes Wed 23-Oct-13 19:22:30
DontMentionThePrunes Wed 23-Oct-13 19:21:25

Oh dear me, that swimming pool one actually gave me a tummy-flutter. I mean, cough cough, it did back when I was 13. <checks again>

Pål was really very sweet-faced, wasn't he? Like a wee angel.

Lizzylou Wed 23-Oct-13 19:06:42

It was the first one!
PHWOARRRRRRRRR!

LeBearPolar Wed 23-Oct-13 18:33:20

Loved this one too...

LeBearPolar Wed 23-Oct-13 18:31:11

Was it this picture, LizzieLou? grin I may have had the same one...

And I had this one

OMG, googling images of Morten from the 80s is bringing back so many memories!

Lizzylou Wed 23-Oct-13 18:22:39

I loved Morten. I think now, older and more worldly I would rather do Mags though. He looks dirtier.
I read an article on Morten a few years ago too and he sounded rather controlling with his wife and hardwork too iirc.
I had a fab poster of Morten topless getting out of a swimming pool.

Rhubarbgarden Wed 23-Oct-13 16:34:29

gussie I know what you mean. I managed to snag myself an alternative tall dark northern European with cheekbones (ish) but he doesn't serenade me and his fashion sense is terrible. It's very disappointing.

DidoTheDodo Wed 23-Oct-13 15:25:27

I prefer Morten Lauridsen. I think his music is better.

paperdress Wed 23-Oct-13 15:14:52

The leather bracelets!
I had a 3-part lifesize poster (smash hits) but cut off # 3/3 (legs) so i could reach it to snog.
I feel giddy still when i flick telly and catch a glimpse of him. So totally lush...

gussiegrips Wed 23-Oct-13 14:27:26

All this prompting of happy memories has made me go right of DH.

He doesn't even have a pair of splodgily bleached jeans. Or cheekbones. Pah.

WireCat Wed 23-Oct-13 14:03:18

wanders in to once again lay claim to Morten

rubyslippers Wed 23-Oct-13 11:07:31

Loved A-ha

I can't believe he's in his 50's

DontMentionThePrunes Wed 23-Oct-13 11:04:32

love the coffee fantasy, Mildred grin
Coffee certainly never figured when I were a teenager.

HormonalHousewife Wed 23-Oct-13 10:29:23

Aaah lordy lordy.... Morton and Adam Ant what a combination

although adam no longer

youretoastmildred Wed 23-Oct-13 10:11:17

Oh my goodness [swoon] that face, that voice...
"Take on me" should be ILLEGAL at karaoke because NO ONE ELSE has that range, and with such a beautiful tone in each register...

When we are finally together he will serenade me with "Take on me" every morning in the kitchen while I drink delicious fresh coffee made to a very high quality Scandiwegian spec

LeBearPolar Wed 23-Oct-13 10:06:44

I was definitely going to marry Morten Harket when I was a teenager. Sigh. So many posters on my wall.

I still remember going round to my friend's house because she had a VCR shock grin It was so hi-tech! And we watched the Take On Me video over and over and over again, wishing we were the girl in the video.

Did anyone see her on the Big Fat Quiz of the 80s? She was a special guest and the contestants had to work out what she had done in the 80s that made her face (if not her name!) well-known!

WandaDoff Wed 23-Oct-13 10:04:22

My Mother used to call him 'Haughton Market' to wind me up.

LessMissAbs Wed 23-Oct-13 09:59:46

Apparently Adam Ant is still fending off women! But I agree he looks nothing like he used to.

Eminem and Pharell are two others, who although younger, are ageing well.

montysma1 Wed 23-Oct-13 09:40:35

Loved Morton. But also Adam Ant. Think it was a cheek bone thing. Oh god, Adam. Now he has not aged well, poor soul.

liquidstate Wed 23-Oct-13 08:58:32

I also saw them at the Hammersmith Palais! Mags did and handstand walk across the stage. Loved him. grin

StanleyLambchop Wed 23-Oct-13 08:04:34

Milkjug, Pal seems to have aged pretty well actually, Just checked him out on-line. I certainly still would!

ddubsgirl Wed 23-Oct-13 00:49:27

Been married few times and has few kids youngest is only about 4/5 I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now