Menopause anger ... ?

(38 Posts)
GreenVelvet Tue 22-Oct-13 17:21:35

This morning a few irritating things happened, and within a very short time I had such an anger/tension headache I barely knew what to do with myself.

1. First problem - yet another flat/Landlord issue. I kept my cool, but I was hacked off.

2. Then a problem with Royal Mail Complaints - getting through on the phone that is. No post for 3 days and am waiting for an important letter.

3. Row on phone with mother.

4. At the supermarket. The usual drug addicts selling Big Issue trying to beg money off customers outside. One of them persistent and started following me, telling me about his alcoholic father, etc,etc. I actually felt like swearing at him.

5. By this time I'm in a dark mood, angry, and thinking Is It the Menopause? Only on Saturday I shouted angrily at my son because he'd bought the wrong orange juice confused.

Are these anger spikes going to last long? To feel so angry or so stressed that I actually sometimes get "anger" or "stress" headaches at what seems the slightest provocation feels weird.

Other times I'm quite a nice person, realllyyyy....

AwkwardSquad Wed 23-Oct-13 06:59:14

Maybe we are all justifiably really fucked off, and it's not our hormones at all grin

That would be good....

RegTheMonkey Wed 23-Oct-13 10:11:53

I went into early menopause at 44 after a hysterectomy. The symptoms lasted about 6 months and I didn't/don't bother with HRT. Returned to 'normal' after the 6 or so months were up.

Beamur Wed 23-Oct-13 11:09:07

Awkward. You're right. It's not me. It's them.
:-)

MoreThanWords Wed 23-Oct-13 13:05:02

quint I started hrt when I was 42; had definitely had symptoms before that hmm

Beastofburden Wed 23-Oct-13 13:15:07

see if you are anaemic. That makes it worse

VenusDeWillendorf Fri 25-Oct-13 10:20:29

I read this very interesting article this am about peri menopausal symptoms. http://www.bcendocrineresearch.com/newsletter/v03/n03/Perimenopause__The_Ovary_s_Frustrating_Grand_Finale_s01.php oops here

I'm on the peri side of menopause, and woke early dripping in sweat - nice - with ovulation pains and nipples like rocks! Norks like pregnant ones, but apparently having a lot of oestrogen, and ovulating like I'm in the last chance saloon.

Greetings to the other Venus.

GreenVelvet Fri 25-Oct-13 17:40:38

I actually get "anger" headaches and body pain when under stress, which is awful and takes ages to subside. (I do have another health condition so that could be contributing to that, but I don't know). And the road-rage thing, OMG.

Re. the dripping sweat thing, I had that for a while a year or two ago. It was totally bizarre to wake up soaked through, I was quite worried. But it did subside and I don't get it now smile.

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 17:43:59

This is soooo interesting. I have been feeling Very Cross for the last two weeks. It might be useful because there are one or two people in my life who probably need me to get cross with them and I wouldn't normally dare.

Is it part of the menopause just not to care about appeasing people as much?

Meglet Fri 25-Oct-13 17:55:54

I've had all the symptoms for around a year now, I've even started sweating which isn't like me at all. The bit about wanting to bite peoples heads off and shout down their neck sums me up perfectly sad. The poor DC's have to put up with me when I'm raging about something.

The GP said my blood test results were fine confused. Although it's since occurred to me that as we don't know what my normal / baseline hormone levels were then the GP's 'normal' might be my dropped like a stone, batshit crazy, stabby hormone levels.

My GP said my bloods were ok too, but said hormone tests are usually inconclusive as, like you say meglet we don't know what our 'normal' is hmm I just wish It would stop, I'm constantly hot, my legs hurt, I bleed randomly (although have got mirena coil for heavy periods which has helped) My DM apparently sailed through her menopause and hardly noticed envy

FoxyHarlow123 Fri 25-Oct-13 23:30:30

Another raving madwoman here! When one of my bad moods descends, I pray for my next door neighbour to appear cos I would so enjoy going off the rhicter scale at them. They never do though, spoilsports!!

NadiaWadia Sat 26-Oct-13 06:46:46

OMG, for the last few years I have been (quietly) getting furiously angry about things. Sometimes it gives me a stabbing pain in the head. I even told the GP, but she didn't seem concerned. So it's a symptom of menopause, then? Had not even thought of that, although I am certainly the right age for it.

I am still getting regular periods though, and to be honest after 35 years of them, wouldn't be sorry to see them go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now