Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Menopause anger ... ?

(38 Posts)
GreenVelvet Tue 22-Oct-13 17:21:35

This morning a few irritating things happened, and within a very short time I had such an anger/tension headache I barely knew what to do with myself.

1. First problem - yet another flat/Landlord issue. I kept my cool, but I was hacked off.

2. Then a problem with Royal Mail Complaints - getting through on the phone that is. No post for 3 days and am waiting for an important letter.

3. Row on phone with mother.

4. At the supermarket. The usual drug addicts selling Big Issue trying to beg money off customers outside. One of them persistent and started following me, telling me about his alcoholic father, etc,etc. I actually felt like swearing at him.

5. By this time I'm in a dark mood, angry, and thinking Is It the Menopause? Only on Saturday I shouted angrily at my son because he'd bought the wrong orange juice confused.

Are these anger spikes going to last long? To feel so angry or so stressed that I actually sometimes get "anger" or "stress" headaches at what seems the slightest provocation feels weird.

Other times I'm quite a nice person, realllyyyy....

RegTheMonkey Tue 22-Oct-13 17:39:08

I am quite a placid, tolerant person, but in the early stages of menopause I was like the Incredible Hulk! The slightest thing would enrage me, and I would go from calm to frothing anger in seconds! It didn't last long I think, but it was spectacular while it was happening.

CaptainSweatPants Tue 22-Oct-13 17:41:39

If you post in health people might be more helpful, suggest things like primrose oil, or is that pmt

Anyway since you asked yanbu grin

squeakytoy Tue 22-Oct-13 17:42:32

sums me up lately.. I can fly into a rage at the littlest thing and while I am yelling, I can hear a voice in my head telling me to shut up...

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 22-Oct-13 17:44:41

If you really believe the Big Issue sellers are not genuine and/or are harrassing you, then you should report them to the organisation.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 22-Oct-13 17:48:00

But YANBU otherwise. I think my hormones are all over the place.

MrsDavidBowie Tue 22-Oct-13 17:57:42

Know the feeling.
I am also having lots of anxiety of small things eg loud noises.

May go to the drs. I am on HRT which has been great, but maybe I need a different one.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 22-Oct-13 18:10:07

Can I ask how old we are?

Me: 44

squeakytoy Tue 22-Oct-13 18:11:44

My mother had her menopause at 40 and said it was over and done with in a year and she had no problems.... grrrr..

Facebaffle Tue 22-Oct-13 18:22:23

If you post this in the menopause topic you will gets loads of great advice.

MrsDavidBowie I started a thread about this. I've just changed my HRT tablets in the hope of feeling calmer.

MrsDavidBowie Tue 22-Oct-13 18:51:00

Am 53.

Facebaffle..what are you on? i am on Elleste duet.

Beamur Tue 22-Oct-13 18:54:03

I have been in a foul mood this week.
I'm 43.
Rats arse.

Littlefish Tue 22-Oct-13 18:56:42

MrsDavidBowie - I'm on the same tablets and have been much calmer since I started taking them 4 months ago. Before that I seemed to feel permanently stabby!

You sound like me OP! I'm 47 and GP said I was too young for menopause! I'm definitely getting more angry, road rage too blush I'm having hot flushes too, think I need to o back to GP!

Venushasrisen Tue 22-Oct-13 19:06:12

Well, I'm past menopause but I get annoyed if I don't get time for myself, whether it's an hour or two round the shops or just browsing the internet. Constant demands and tedious jobs like phoning call centres to sort things out really annoy me, and somehow the rest of the family seem able to avoid these thankless jobs.
Just wondering if you get free time OP as that definitely cheers me.

MoreThanWords Tue 22-Oct-13 19:08:32

46 here - feel as though I've tried every tablet for it!

It's the joint pain that's crippling me - it's excruciating. Not sure if it's low oestrogen still, may need to tweak my patch dosage.

AwkwardSquad Tue 22-Oct-13 19:09:02

I'm getting horribly irritable at the moment and weepy last couple of weeks too. I think it is mostly stress and exhaustion (not sleeping due to stress) but I'm beginning to suspect there is more to it... I really am very irritable! I could bite people's heads off and shout down their necks at the slightest provocation.

I'm 47. Periods still regular but getting lighter and lighter. Hmm.

MrsDavidBowie Tue 22-Oct-13 19:12:30

Maybe I'm just a miserable fucker grin

Facebaffle Tue 22-Oct-13 19:15:38

MrsB I started on Elleste Duet when I was 44. I changed to Novelle Continuous when the monthly bleed stopped but they made me constantly stabby so I've started on Elleste Duet Conti this week. All trial and error I suppose sad

BelaLugosisShed Tue 22-Oct-13 19:18:41

I'm on fluoxetine for menopausal symptoms, it has transformed me from a shouty, tearful, insomniac wreck to a normal human being.

MrsDavidBowie Tue 22-Oct-13 19:43:06

I am sure if I was REALLY Mrs DB I would be fine grin

GreenVelvet Tue 22-Oct-13 20:53:52

I'm 51.

Constant demands and tedious jobs like phoning call centres ... yes, this. I can feel this pressure actually in my head on days like today, Venus. And agree the way to feel better too.

I am 49, back in the summer I felt like homicide could sometimes be justifiable. It seems to have worn off now, there is no sign of periods stopping but the mood swings were horrendous.

dementedma Tue 22-Oct-13 21:42:25

I am 49 and suffering the most awful rages. I am permanently irritable and snappy and I swear I might actually kill someone soon. Its quite scary. What can I do?

OMG. Could I be early menopausal at 41????

That would explain my mood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now