AIBU to think that this is bloody unreasonable???

(72 Posts)
FrenchFleurs Mon 21-Oct-13 02:54:58

Has anyone seen Kate's flat stomach and washboard abs just three months after having Prince George??? envy

HOW?

www.express.co.uk/news/royal/437652/I-ve-got-the-wrong-shoes-Duchess-Kate-flashes-flat-tum-as-she-slam-dunks-at-Olympic-Park

I'm sorry but this is very unreasonable and I am extremely flummoxed as to how she has managed this. confused

NoComet Mon 21-Oct-13 09:00:09

We have a mum at school who has 4 DC and not a trace of a tummy. envy

Not the result of gym or eating nothing as far as I'm aware. Just tall narrow hipped and naturally elegant figure.

2tiredtocare Mon 21-Oct-13 09:14:04

I'm pleased for her, I didn't look like that so soon after birth but I was also unlikely to find a picture of myself in a national newspaper

CeliaFate Mon 21-Oct-13 09:18:01

I was 30 when I had my first dd. I pinged back to a flat stomach after 4 weeks. Same with ds 3 years later. Now I'm mid 40s and have a muffin top you could rest a pint on. Sigh. It comes to us all, let her have her moment of flat, toned glory. grin

FantasticMax Mon 21-Oct-13 11:04:56

This thread is depressing. Many women DO 'ping' back after pregnancy, I was one of them (mind you, I've only had one!). My tummy looks exactly the same as before and I was back within my normal clothes within weeks. Lucky, good genes, breast feeding, who knows? Who cares?

Kate looks fantastic, I admired her for showing her post birth bump to the world's media and I admire her figure now.

Nanny0gg Mon 21-Oct-13 11:31:24

I didn't eat during pregnancy due to horrendous 'morning' sickness (hah!), so I only put on a stone.
I breastfed and came out of hospital (bearing in mind they kept you in for a week in those days) nearly two stone lighter - and the baby was less than 7lb! There was some stress involved as DC was in special care for a few days and the birth had been tricky. However, due to episiotomy etc there was absolutely no exercise of any description.

But I have never been so skinny before or since! In fact at one point I have been 2 stone heavier than at nine months pregnant.

Sometimes that's just the way it works.

PoopMonster Mon 21-Oct-13 11:33:42

Just came back to answer French's question about never having seen anyone looking like that IRL 3 months after birth...I know 3 mums who did (one is a physio nurse who did pre/post natal yoga, an other very into her running and the 3rd didn't really exercise much but already had 2 kids).

The things they have in common with Kate is they all had these babies in their early thirties, were relatively active during/after pregnancy and all were BFing or mix feeding at 3mo... That's hardly a population study though, so at best it's just a theory smile

MoneyMug Mon 21-Oct-13 11:43:03

With DC1 I was back to my normal flat stomach within a week. After about a month I'd lost a stone more than my pre pregnancy weight and that was without any diet or exercise, just bfing.

With DC2 (12 weeks) I have a 'just had a baby' stomach, scretchmarks, the lot. don't get me started on that thing that's meant to be a belly button!

Some people, are just extremely lucky. Plus the fact that she probably has a dietician, personal trainer ect ect. My baby is only a day younger than George and I wish I looked like that too. grin

bonkersLFDT20 Mon 21-Oct-13 12:01:47

poop I was 38 when I had DS2 and pinged right back so there is indeed a flaw in your highly scientific study ;-)

ImAFrequentNameChanger Mon 21-Oct-13 12:03:11

It depends on the women.

I had DT's (both 7lbs) and put on a HUGE amount of weight when pregnant because I had SPD and bleeds throughout so was practically bed bound for 9 months. Usually I am a size 8-10 and by the end of pregnancy I was wearing 16-18 and my thighs were huge, I cringe when I see photos of that time. 6 weeks after having them I was back to being 8-10 because I was eating as normal and out and about every day, luckily the SPD went the moment they were out.

My SIL had a singleton pregnancy, she was quite weighty before and also put on a lot of weight during pregnancy, 4 years later she is still carrying the extra weight.

BF is an 8 and she had a simple pregnancy, all she had to do was unbutton her jeans at 9 months, within a week of having her DS her tummy was flat again.

Different women, different outcomes.

WorraLiberty Mon 21-Oct-13 12:06:20

For goodness sake

Before pregnancy she was slim and well toned, therefore there should be no reason why she shouldn't be slim and well toned afterwards.

Many people eat a very healthy diet during pregnancy and there's no real reason why they shouldn't regain their pre pregnancy figure pretty quickly...with no effort at all.

MetellaEstMater Mon 21-Oct-13 12:25:03

I actually find it quite inspiring. I'm determined to get back in shape ASAP after this baby, something I never did with DC1 partly in the knowledge that I wanted another DC. She looks fabulous in those photos.

TheHouseCleaner Mon 21-Oct-13 12:37:12

How? Aside from that she has the very best of food purchased and prepared for her and childcare available at the drop of a hat so that she can have the best personal trainer and/or attend the best, most expensive gym/yoga/pilates classes and that she is hardly likely to be so overworked that she needs to say "to hell with the classes tonight, I'm too exhausted to cycle three miles to the village hall"?

Besides, she was naturally slim to start with, as I was when I was pregnant, which no doubt helped her to get back into her size 8 jeans after a couple of months, just as it did me. Aside from that natural factor there's no comparison between this woman and the average UK mother.

Kaekae Mon 21-Oct-13 12:41:50

After I had my second child, my stomach went flat straight away. I was told I had very tight stomach muscles. I hadn't done any exercise to get my stomach back in shape. Some people are just lucky, although I suspect she's had a little help!

Dobbiesmum Mon 21-Oct-13 13:06:11

It's a shame that there would be so many people only too glad to see a picture of her as a new mum looking tired and overweight, which she would also get slated for I'm sure. She loses whatever she does. I'm no huge fan of hers particularly but she looks great, many new mothers do lose the weight fairly quickly with or without help, many others don't. I did as a result of not being able to eat properly throughout my pregnancies, the baby wight fell off within days.
She was hospitalised with HG, it's doubtful she has been stuffing herself for the last 9 months and doing the 'eating for 2' thing which still seems to be the belief. She was never likely to be much more than baby and fluid.

YABU, how would you like public comments telling you that you are unreasonable to have dared to lose the baby weight? It can be unthinking comments that can contribute to PND, believe me I know, there are 3 comments made to me as a new mum that could be directly attributed to me feeling even bloody worse than I already did, even though I looked ok and very slim on the outside.
Maybe we should go back to confining new mothers to their house before and after the birth, it might be easier for them!

frumpet Mon 21-Oct-13 13:22:02

I just look at her and think , skinny women has baby and returns to being skinny . With my last child , i was 14 stone when i got pregnant , so was careful about weight gain . I put on a stone , i came out of hospital weighing just under what i had weighed pre pregnancy . So if Kate put on a stone , why wouldnt she look similar to how she did 8 weeks later ?

frumpet Mon 21-Oct-13 13:27:28

If you put lots of weight on during pregnancy , it will take longer to look like you did pre pregnancy and vice versa .

NewbieMcNewbie Sun 27-Oct-13 00:42:34

Why are people always so scathing and suspicious of this?

I pinged back within days. Literally pre-baby weight at day 5. Not a jot of exercise or limiting food intake, just the way it was. Same with first pg. I gained what a needed to grow a baby and had nothing to spare.

There's really no need to gain 4 stone in pregnancy. But if you do, don't be surprised to have 3 stone to shift after the birth.

I think Kate looks wonderful - and very healthy.

MoominMammasHandbag Sun 27-Oct-13 01:02:56

I've had 4 and got back into shape really quickly after all of them. I'm not an exerciser but breast feeding and lots of walking did it for me. Breast feeding is amazing: stuff your face all you want and still be really skinny with massive boobs. It was only when I stopped breast feeding that I had to start watching my weight.

ChippingInNeedsANYFUCKER Sun 27-Oct-13 01:15:19

Also - do you not think if she did have a bit of a 'jelly belly' they'd have air brushed it out!!

She has a lovely figure - I'm envious! Air brushed or not!!

IneedAsockamnesty Sun 27-Oct-13 01:48:02

Some women just do.

I have with all of mine bar one. I'm usually much lighter at term than prepregnancy due to HG and when breast feeding I eat in a healthy way and see no need to load on the extra 400-500 calories you burn a day doing it eating in a healthy way is not the same as dieting.

Mimishimi Sun 27-Oct-13 06:18:18

My mum was like this. She said breastfeeding took it all off her. I obviously did not inherit those ecto genes. Sigh.

twilight81 Sun 27-Oct-13 08:46:26

She's just been lucky I say, when I had my first I was a size 6-8 put on 2.5 stone and my daughter was 8.8lb.. I went completely back to normal within a month or so and I certainly didn't diet or exercise.. I didn't breast feed either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now