to keep the expensive stuff for me and let the kids use the normal stuff?

(329 Posts)
2kidsintow Sun 20-Oct-13 21:25:43

There are few things in life that are reserved for me alone.

However, I buy the DDs the normal bog standard chocolate spread for their weekend breakfast pancake treat and keep the lovely Cadbury stuff for me alone, on a high shelf.

mrsjay Mon 21-Oct-13 21:34:21

I know! My Mum had her own special chocolate. She had bourville and fry's chocolate cream. They were never for us. I really can't find a single bone in my body that resents her for them as we always had our own treats

your mum is a woman I would like those 2 are the only bits of chocolate i like and no i dont share either

2kidsintow Mon 21-Oct-13 21:53:30

I didn't have a taste for dark chocolate as a child, but now quite enjoy a Fry's chocolate cream.

Not sure whether I'm arguing for my case there or not really. smile

2rebecca Tue 22-Oct-13 08:38:29

I have a chocolate stash that no-one is allowed to touch but that's because i often use chocolate for cooking and prefer decent chocolate to nasty cooking stuff.
I'm not into sweets, biscuits etc so rarely buy them for anyone and if I do am not bothered if everyone else eats them.
The kids can't just help themselves to anything in the house though. Bread, biscuits, fruit jam honey etc and fruit are OK for snacking on.
They ask if they want anything else as i don't want to suddenly discover all the eggs and cheese have gone. We still tend to eat togaether on an evening so it's less chaotic than if they were preparing their own meals and needed proper food stuff.
Some people may find this controlling but until my teenagers are willing to go out and replace items they have eaten (I'd give them the money) they ask before eating things I might be needing for dinner.

Grennie Tue 22-Oct-13 08:41:15

I loved frys chocolate cream as a kid and dark chocolate. But then my mum encouraged us to eat a wide variety of foods, rather than having this strange idea of adults and kids food.

Having your own separate stash is fine though. Ido that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now