Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

to not consider a sleeping adult appropriate childcare for a 3 year old

(30 Posts)
happydutchmummy Sun 20-Oct-13 20:36:52

I am fuming with oh. Just want to get some opinions on whether I'm being a hormonal maniac or if my anger is justified....

I went to bed just over 2 hours ago, as I'm pregnant, exhausted and need sleep. Oh needed to run an errand, but I told him I physically couldn't stay awake to look after dd (she's 3). I assumed he'd reschedule and look after dd.

Dd woke me up as she was bored and `daddy has gone out`… so he left me in charge of our toddler, even though I was unaware he'd gone and I was pretty much comatose.

I've just called him on the phone and he thinks he's done nothing wrong, but I'm so so so bloody angry! Please tell me I'm not being unreasonable and that a sleeping adult does not have the ability to safely supervise an awake 3 year old.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 20-Oct-13 23:37:51

What a fucking cock. When DW had night shifts with DD the same age I took her with me if I needed to go out.
We both have jobs in which we can kill through fatigue.
The thing I find really twattish is the lie that he'd arranged it with you.

PumpkinsPieEyed Mon 21-Oct-13 19:52:30

Yadnbu, tell him he basically left his 3yr old dc unsupervised in the house.
You were sleeping and not in a position to supervise her, he should have woken you at least!

Any number of things could have happened to her.

HerrenaHarridan Mon 21-Oct-13 20:01:46

A situation almost identical to this was the final straw to my relationship with dds dad.

RevelsRoulette Mon 21-Oct-13 20:02:32

Why couldn't he just have taken her with him?
You aren't being unreasonable. You need to know if your child is in the house and you are the only adult there! He is probably refusing to see the problem because then he'd have to admit he was wrong.

CrapBag Mon 21-Oct-13 20:06:14

Wow YANBU.

I have a long term health condition and I am very very groggy when DH goes to work, but he always wakes me up, and whilst I am not fully awake, I have an ear out at all times until I do wake up enough. I have also dosed on the sofa whilst kids are watching a film, but the room is secure, can't get to anything dangerous and the slightest noise is enough to wake me up.

He is a massive twat and has such a nerve trying to turn it around.

I'd love to know what this important errand was, or why he couldn't take a 3 year old with him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now