To want to live in a Harem?

(57 Posts)
PeriodFeatures Sun 20-Oct-13 18:31:27

I have an 8 week old DD. Since DH has been back at work i've been having a lovely time with her, having coffees with other mums, baking, sorting through huge piles of laundry....that kind of thing.

As I am at this point in our lives, quite content with domesticity, looking after our l family and spending lots of time with other women and children I think it would be fine for him to go and find his next wife.

Once the harem is built, i can share the domestic stuff with some other women, have more children to play with and probably we could share childcare a bit so i could for instance enjoy having a poo on my own now and again.

It annoys me a bit that the British economy won't support this kind of set up. They need to pay men a lot more money to keep at least three wives and even more children.

AIBU?

Morloth Mon 21-Oct-13 07:52:01

I always thought 2 weeks is the maximum you want with any man each year.

So a different man every month woukd beabout right.

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Mon 21-Oct-13 19:29:55

The trouble is, Ive never read a trashy novel involving a harem that didnt involve back stabbing, poison, jealousy, plotring with the eunuchs and the odd bit of bumping off the first born! I dont think it would be that nice really!
And I think youd need at least 4 wives. 2 would fight, 3 could result in an unpleasant 2 on 1 ganging up scenario. 4 would at least give you some leeway for teaming up! over thinking it

everlong Mon 21-Oct-13 20:04:48

I'll just take a chef.
That's all I want.

Mandy2003 Mon 21-Oct-13 20:07:20

Eunuchs, thats what we need to look after us. More eunuchs thats what I say!

digerd Mon 21-Oct-13 20:22:26

Yes to eunochs. Big and strong and skilled in cooking, housework and DIY, gardening and devoted. Perfect for me.

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Mon 21-Oct-13 20:33:13

No no no! Its always the eunuchs that slip you the poison!

wimblehorse Mon 21-Oct-13 21:48:18

YY I watched a lot of Big Love too when ds 1 was teeny. Would have loved a couple of sister wives to share the drudgery with, have some companionship, someone trusted to share childcare.

In polygamous societies, lower status males REALLY lose out as they don't get to have any wives. Women generally do better as they have a (share of a) higher status/better providing husband.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now